Advice re fakes (ebay auction)

theslider

Sith Lord
Hi,

I won an auction for some figures which had two light sabres for Luke Farmboy and Darth Vader. Upon receiving them today I could see straight off that they were fakes, the yellow one has paint flaking away and both of the sabres sink. The seller has just stated this: "My listing stated as much information as possible that i knew regarding the figures. I believe your reasons for opening a case against me is incorrect". Seeing as original sabres are worth about £10 each right, I thought that asking for a partial refund is fair?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please move if necessary!

theslider

Sith Lord
Hmm, trying to reasonable; But I'll probably just see eBay/paypal siding with the seller this time!

itfciain

Grand Master
I'd out the seller as well because if there are fakes with these figures then there are likely to be more with the rest of the ones he has up for sale

x-pack

Grand Master
Make your complaint dude. No reason not to if you've received fake goods. We shouldn't put up with this ****

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
He may have stated that he gave as much info as he knew, but the fact is you bought them under the impression that they were real, they were not so he should just refund you the money once you've sent them back. I can't see how if you're not happy with the item and believe they are fakes that ebay wouldn't side with you mate.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Doomseeker said:
He may have stated that he gave as much info as he knew, but the fact is you bought them under the impression that they were real, they were not so he should just refund you the money once you've sent them back. I can't see how if you're not happy with the item and believe they are fakes that ebay wouldn't side with you mate.
If they are fake but stated as real then ebay will side with the buyer, not as described, I've never lost a case with a fake anyways.

theslider

Sith Lord
I just always have the nagging suspicion that eBay hates me - too many bad experiences as a seller!

Well the case is open now so we'll see where it goes!

x-pack

Grand Master
8) Keep us posted. There seems to be a lot of this 'i'm not sure if it's fake' Ebay listing going on. It's bollocks :evil:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom