At this price i'll never make it to 100 Stormtroopers!

PGowdy

Grand Master
:eek:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-TOP-TOYS-C9-5-NEAR-MINT-/270782336687?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3f0be28eaf#ht_1032wt_1141

Screenshot2011-07-14at201400.png

olisuds

Sith Lord
Yep thats mine.

It's a minty white Top Toys Stormie that graded AFA85 until I busted it out of the case. My Top Toys Chief Chirpa just sold for £80 within an hour. I am confident that it will sell for more than £80.

How many other Top Toys figures are on ebay? I can only see 1 MOC with starting price of around £140 and the figure is yellow.

olisuds

Sith Lord
P.S. Cost me £85. Just trying to cover costs (minus ebay and pp fees). Not trying to make a profit out of it.

PGowdy

Grand Master
I've never seen one of these before. I didn't even know Top Toys figures were different from regular ones. :oops:
How come the top of his left leg is white? Is that normal with these variants?

olisuds

Sith Lord
Oops replied to wrong post...

The top toys stormtrooper is from Argentina and distinguished from the Kenner version by being slightly smaller in size. It has rough mould marks around outside of limbs and torso and has circles on the backs of the elbows where the liquid plastic was injected into the mould. There are no peg holes and no date or coo markings. The blaster is also moulded very differently and is almost flat and angled with a circle on the clip.

Half of one hip is unpainted. Which is just a factory error, otherwise its perfect, which is rare for these due to the poor production / quality standards of Top Toys. A lot of carded figures are dicoloured.

The guy I bought this from had it graded U85. I removed from the case when i bought it off him.

I believe Adam has sold off his Top Toys collection - his was one of the nicest I've seen :) The Yoda and Luke Jedi are Super rare and almost impossible to get hold of.

olisuds

Sith Lord
mate, years ago you could have bought them for a few pound (or peso rather) :)

For MOCs your right, Stromtrooper and Vader are the easiest. But I wouldn't call any of them "easy" to find.

Loose I personally find Chief Chirpa a lot easier to come by than Stromtrooper and Vader.

IMO, order of rarity (loose) is:

Chief Chirpa
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader
Chewbacca
Logray
Yoda
Luke Skywalker (Jedi)

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:D thank god there was a reason for the high price i nearly shat myself,,i am hovering around a £4 max per trooper. if i go any higher i usually puch myself to cop on. :D

great filling in another blank oli thanks for that and good luck with the sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom