Bib fortuna burgundy coat

Cocobean

Padawan
Hi and thank you in advance for any input
So I purchased a burgundy Bob fortuna with a few figures a while ago and realised that the leg had been glued on and it's come loose :-( I was wondering what people would recommend to replace it should I sell it and save for a new one or is it possible to purchase another bib fortuna lili ledy and just put my cape on it or is there a difference in the lili ledy figures or is it just the Cape that differs thank you

walkie

Sith Lord
photos please, but as I'm a gambling man my monies on the cape been fake.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah theres so many fakes of the burgundy cape floating around you have to be carefull, post pics of it and as for the damage, you'd be better buying a new figure, you could reglue it for display purposes till you got the replacement

Cocobean

Padawan
Thanx for your advice please see the picture I've just posted also can someone let me know if the actual figure differs based on colour of cloth thanx as I think the only variation between a vinyl jawa and a cloth one is the actual cape I could be wrong I was wondering if it's the same with Bib thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 465

Cocobean

Padawan
I guess my topic is of no interest haha surely someone can help :) some closer brighter pics but cape is coming away a bit :-(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 433
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 429

momike

Jedi Master
Hi mate, i am no expert on these figures but to answer your question yes it does have to be a ledy figure and cant be any old figure, the figure will have to have the correct coo (country of origin) stamp on the leg which is the copyright markings and date, the position of this will prob be how you would identify the figure to be ledy.....same with the vc jawa, i think there are two confirmed coos that came with that figure which would of been earlier produced figures

Like i said i am no expert on these, if your cape is fake it looks to be one of the better ones i have seen, i think its the stitching or somthing how you identify the fakes

Im sure some of the ledy experts will chime in

Coo guide

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-COO-Guide-h14.htm

Hope that helped :wink:

mumbo

Sith Lord
I know nothing about Lili's except they are from Mexico but these links may help you to decide :)

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1118346/

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/lili-ledy-variants/

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p255-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1

Cocobean

Padawan
Hi thanks for your replies I understand that it has to be a ledy figure what I mean is if I have another ledy bib which I have several of the coo and markings match then can I just swap from the green coloured Cape to the burgundy? I was just hoping there wasn't a difference between the burgundy ledy and the green ledy before I changed anything I'm also pretty confident the Cape is authentic although quite fragile and damaged now :-( as I purchased a lot of rare figures from the same person a while ago and they were all legitimate I'm just busy going through lots of figures which I had stored around 800/1000 and unfortunately there weapons :-(

momike

Jedi Master
Looking at the coo guide i posted there seems to be only one version of the ledy figure coo so i am guessing red cape and green cape have the same coo (don't hold me to that) i think the green cape would be the cheaper option :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The only thing I know it that when they dye the real one red...they shrink and are shorter at the bottom than normal. Yours looks a little ready for high water.

Cocobean

Padawan
Thanks for your replies again yeah the cape has frayed a little bit isn't short please see the pic also thanks for the link i actually seen that and PM someone oz or something like that he seems to know a lot but haven't had a reply

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 380
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom