Does anyone use a snipe service?

WuhersStall

Padawan
Just curious if people use one. I had used one for years so I didn't have to worry about being online when an auction ended or if I found something that might slip through the cracks and didn't want to let on that I was on to it. I've found them to be extremely helpful in saving money as well.

Thinking about signing back up but thought I would check to use what others use and how their experiences have been?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Arthur, I swear by lotsnipe. It's failed me once in around 14 years so I am more than happy with it. I'm too tight to pay for the "final second snipe" premium service so take the 3 free snipes a week. I prefer to bid in person but if I can't be there this is a great fallback. I now never bid on anything with more than 10 seconds to go.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I use goofbid which is free and lets you bid on as many items as you like. It's not perfect, it has not worked a few times, but more often than not it does work. Just make sure you bid for real on anything you really want as no snipe service is foolproof.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Goofbid for me. It let me down once when it went into meltdown on a Sunday afternoon.

stormcab

Sith Lord
I use BidNip, although last few auctions it didn't bid, and gives no reason why. Missed a couple of bargains. was well f**ked off. The reason I don't go live usually is I always find myself quickly putting in a last bid of more than my max.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Cheats! Wheres the fun in the auction if you get a bot to do it for you! Haha. Have thought about it mind as if im bidding on my mobile as lack of signal has lost me a few auctions in the past.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
starshipriot said:
Cheats! Wheres the fun in the auction if you get a bot to do it for you!

You're right, I try and bid myself if I can, mainly because sniping software sometimes doesn't work. But it's very handy for American auctions that end at 4am, or ones that end during the day while you're at work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom