Elstree 1976

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Hey guys, dunno if you knew about it but picked up a film today from HMV that I think has only just come out, called Elstree 1976. Sat watching it now and it is a documentary with interviews with a bunch of the cast members, greedo, vader, etc. Also the stormtrooper who bangs his head!

Really enjoying it so far (only twenty mins in at the mo!) and a few of em talk about what it's like being a Star Wars figure. Just thought I would mention it just in case people want to check it out.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Think there's a thread on here about this from a month or two ago, but this has saved me digging it up :)

Just watched this tonight having got it for Christmas. Absolutely brilliant set of interviews. A nice change from hearing from the A-listers.

I did find it a little melancholy, though. Not sure if it was the fact that some like John Chapman had negative experiences on the circuit or the slightly sneering attitude that a couple of the other took to the extras. But I don't think that was it. Perhaps it was the fact that the majority of the folk were just......ordinary folk. And I don't mean that in a bad way. It really made it quite fascinating that they really were such regular people who stumbled into SW. But there's something I just can't put my finger on. Is it a case of knowing a little bit more of what happened behind the scenes making the film itself just a little bit less magical? Or perhaps that the general feeling whilst filming was that it was just another job for a few days or weeks? Of course they couldn't be blamed for that; we have the benefit of hindsight at just was an immortal trilogy it is; at the time (As stated in the film) Sci-Fi was strictly B-movie and worse. I certainly felt down everytime Leia appeared in a shot.

Regardless, a brilliant watch and fascinating to hear from folk who had blink and you'll miss them parts up to the Prowse/Bulloch level of actors. Would love to see more interviews of the same ilk.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Just watched myself. Great idea for a documentary. Need to get every they can associated with it in a follow up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom