Ever payed through a bank transfer on ebay?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Hey,
I just payed for an item on ebay. The invoice said "bank transfer", as opposed to the usual paypal. I clicked the pay button and it said "thanks for your payment". No money has come out of my bank account and i was given no bank details to make the transfer myself if that's how it's done. I don't think i signed into paypal to do it either.
Just a bit confused... Can anyone shed some light?
I will check my bank account again tomorrow and with any luck it will have all been sorted. If it isn't i have no idea what to do... :? :(

Sorry for such a boring thread. :oops:

Pete.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Not sure if what you have done is correct Pete. I've done a bank transfer to the US before and it required form filling and the other parties bank details. I hate to say it but I found it a bit long. It might have been because it was to the US though.

Chris

plantman

Sith Lord
Probably best the bank transfer didnt go through! its not the best way to pay for a transaction, make sure you havnt clicked on a Phishing link either, but if you clicked on it through the ebay site you should be ok.

Andy

ODB

Jedi Master
Isn't that button merely there to say that you are going to pay by bank transfer to let the seller know what you are going to do and not an action button as it were. As far as I am aware any bank transfer must be actioned either online via your bank's website or the manual filling out of a form at a branch.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
ODB said:
Isn't that button merely there to say that you are going to pay by bank transfer to let the seller know what you are going to do and not an action button as it were. As far as I am aware any bank transfer must be actioned either online via your bank's website or the manual filling out of a form at a branch.

I agree with ODB. You should be fine, Pete.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Hey guys,
I finally got to talk to ebay tonight. They confirmed that i had to contact the seller, get their bank details and make the transfer myself. This would have been much simpler if there had been a paragraph informing me of that when i confirmed the transaction or if there were details available from the seller. They(the seller) know i cannot pay them unless i have their details and at no point have they been offered. Very strange.

I have messaged the seller and hope to get this sorted by tomorrow. (tho the seller is one of those really slow to reply jobs :x )
It's been a bit PainInTheAssBay but if the item arrives in one piece, all the way from Germany, then i'll be happy.
:)

spoons

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Hey guys,
I finally got to talk to ebay tonight. They confirmed that i had to contact the seller, get their bank details and make the transfer myself. This would have been much simpler if there had been a paragraph informing me of that when i confirmed the transaction or if there were details available from the seller. They(the seller) know i cannot pay them unless i have their details and at no point have they been offered. Very strange.

I have messaged the seller and hope to get this sorted by tomorrow. (tho the seller is one of those really slow to reply jobs :x )
It's been a bit PainInTheAssBay but if the item arrives in one piece, all the way from Germany, then i'll be happy.
:)

I bought a Yak from Holland via bank transfer a few years back. If I recall I had to go into the bank to pay, as it was to a foreign account. You'll need an IBAN no. and it cost me about £10 (ish). That might depend on your bank.

ODB and Emiel are right though, the 'bank transfer' button is just to let the seller know you are paying that way, same as a cheque or collection in person.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
You'll need an IBAN no. and it cost me about £10 (ish). That might depend on your bank.

If it costs you that much to transfer the money to him Pete, just give me a shout. I can transfer the money using IBAN for free for you if you like.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Man, Capetown that would help massively. I still haven't dealt with this as i'm awaiting a reply about him setting up a paypal. He hasn't replied. I was gonna go to the bank tomorrow and take the 20 quid hit. :cry:
So if you give me your email i could give you all his details plus get your paypal deets and i could tranfer the money to you first that way (is that what you were thinking??)

Lete me know
Pete.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
PGowdy said:
Man, Capetown that would help massively. I still haven't dealt with this as i'm awaiting a reply about him setting up a paypal. He hasn't replied. I was gonna go to the bank tomorrow and take the 20 quid hit. :cry:
So if you give me your email i could give you all his details plus get your paypal deets and i could tranfer the money to you first that way (is that what you were thinking??)

Lete me know
Pete.

Yep. E-mail on the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom