Laser Etched Display Stands

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Anyone seen these before? A guy on Blood For the Baron apparently used to make them for around £20 ea and was planning to do Action Force ones in yellow and red as well, but then he disappeared and hasn't been on there for years.

Think they look great! Anyone capable of knocking up something similar?

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1028

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
are they like these I saw on eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-FIGURE-DISPLAY-STAND-ACRYLIC-PLASTIC-ETCHED-LOGO-/141555036552?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item20f5567188

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry chaps- here ya go :oops: :lol: Rob, look very similar...
100_0229600x4501_zps4b179512.jpg

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
would love to change my modern dioramas for these...but they are VERY tall!

here's hoping Iain can sort something similar with reduced height! 8)

digktialx

Youngling
I used to work in the sign business which does involve quite a bit of acrylics for different uses. I assume the guy who was selling these may have gotten a cease and desist notice because of the logos on the base. Too bad they look rather nice. Id suggest showing or fabricating them without the logos and letting the customers get vinyl decals to put them on themselves to avoid issues there. Red and yellow acrylic will also cost more from a substrate standpoint not a lot more maybe 10-20 more per sheet then a clear version of it depending on the quality of the acrylic and thickness. I used to get 3/16" white 4' x 8' for about 100 dollars. (Mid Grade)

I do agree with you fellas on the height its just too high i would like a bit of overlap on the figures maybe start the feet on the back row just below the heads of the figures on the front row.

-dx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom