Maybe i should take this one out of my sons beater run?

DanSolo

Padawan
Had a count up today of my sons 79 beater run; a run I'm putting together for him just in case he starts to take an interest. It consists of some of my childhood figs, extras I've picked up along the way and kind donations from the likes of Jim Pearce, Paul James and Richard Lee. It stands at 61/79! + The Rebo Band:
20230311_205241.jpg

I took a closer look at the two sand people and to my amazement:
20230311_205503.jpg

20230311_205317.jpg

Now he's my childhood one and showing a lot of wear, but I'm guessing I should still probably take this one out of his box and put it somewhere else? After all he stil has the solid cheeks one behind...

DanSolo

Padawan
Had a count up today of my sons 79 beater run; a run I'm putting together for him just in case he starts to take an interest. It consists of some of my childhood figs, extras I've picked up along the way and kind donations from the likes of Jim Pearce, Paul James and Richard Lee. It stands at 61/79! + The Rebo Band:View attachment 179945

I took a closer look at the two sand people and to my amazement:
View attachment 179946
View attachment 179947

Now he's my childhood one and showing a lot of wear, but I'm guessing I should still probably take this one out of his box and put it somewhere else? After all he stil has the solid cheeks one behind...
Problem is I'm a bit snookered here. It's a childhood one so I'm not selling and it's quite paint worn so not much point in grading... is there any particular Gaffi stick it pairs with and does anyone have one for sale?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You want to go on Imperial Gunnery to match the staff. Even with paint wear someone on Facebook will give you £300+ for it graded. That said the staff will probably set you back an arm and a leg.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
So am I correct that the hollow cheek only came out on a 65 back Rotj card ?

Is that for Kenner and Palitoy, and are there many out there still carded ?

No Coo ore the rarer of them all ?

Thanks

DanSolo

Padawan
Great find! No idea on weapon though, I'm afraid.
Thanks! He's gone in the cabinet for now to replace a standard HK which he's also robbed the Gaffi stick from. Will double check it on VV some time, needs to be the Kader M3.
20230312_201126.jpg

DanSolo

Padawan
So am I correct that the hollow cheek only came out on a 65 back Rotj card ?

Is that for Kenner and Palitoy, and are there many out there still carded ?

No Coo ore the rarer of them all ?

Thanks
The one on the left is the hollow cheeks, actually a HK coo.
The one on the right is solid cheeks and no coo (also from my childhood) this one has, I would say, even darker gloves and belt. Need to check what variant this is before handing over to my boy 😂

DanSolo

Padawan
The one on the left is the hollow cheeks, actually a HK coo.
The one on the right is solid cheeks and no coo (also from my childhood) this one has, I would say, even darker gloves and belt. Need to check what variant this is before handing over to my boy 😂
With pic...
20230312_202409.jpg

DanSolo

Padawan
You want to go on Imperial Gunnery to match the staff. Even with paint wear someone on Facebook will give you £300+ for it graded. That said the staff will probably set you back an arm and a leg.
I can't sell it, it's from my childhood 😂 its gone I'm the figure cabinet replacing a standard HK one 👍

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Def keep this fella on display, youngster is not a variant collector for now, so as a dad keep that for the future for him, in the mean time you get him on display, BTW lovin that Luke FB he looks super as well!

DanSolo

Padawan
Def keep this fella on display, youngster is not a variant collector for now, so as a dad keep that for the future for him, in the mean time you get him on display, BTW lovin that Luke FB he looks super as well!
Thanks Michael! Unfortunately the Luke FB wasn't found in my sons run, had to pay quite a few quid to get that one 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom