Misheard quotes from the films

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
In the days before you could use the interent to look up film quotes or song lyrics, I'm sure we all misheard some of the lines in Star Wars films. One that springs to mind is that I used to think Leia called Han a "nerve hurter" on Hoth rather than a nerf herder. Anyone here got any good ones?

sith-smith

Grand Master
When Lando in ESB say 'Yes, he's alive, and in perfect hibernation' I always thought the last word was carbonation!

It kind of made sense as it was the carbon freezing process etc.

lejackal

Grand Master
There will have been a few film and song ones I'm sure, however the one I really remember from childhood is football related. I must've spent years thinking "Own Goal" was "Home Goal" 🤦‍♂️😂

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
There's one line I still have no idea about. What on earth does Han say to Luke right after Liea calls him a nerve hurter? There's no way he's speaking English

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Is it something like 'Must've hit her pretty close to the mark, to get her all riled up like that, huh, kid?'

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Ah, you might be into something Andy, but he pronounces it like this:
'Mustvehitherprettyclosetothemarktogetherallrileduplikethathuhkid'

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Ah yeah me too! It would have helped a lot if they'd dubbed Han with a west country accent so I'd have known what he was on about

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Mine is ESB when 3po is on chewies back in cloud city....'turn round you woolly!?' Or is it 'wally' or 'wookie'? God knows!

Latest posts

Top Bottom