Playground Urban Myths

JabbasMoobs

Youngling
A guy I knew as a kid in Australia convinced me that after Jedi we would be getting a removable helmet Vader, Han in Stormie disguise and a new Bespin Luke with a pull off hand...

Shame I had to wait 14 bloody years for them!!!

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I remember I had a magazine that advertised Revenge of the Jedi as the next movie, I went round the school telling everyone, then a sometime later I was called a liar, as the movie was Return of the Jedi, I felt so ashamed!!!! :oops:

sith-smith

Grand Master
When at university someone told me that had several other types of ewok...

Ewok holding a baby

Ewok holding a rope

Both sounded quite cool and at that point 91/92 I had no complete reference for what figures were available. Had to wait for the Sansweet Book which I got in 94!

nohandluke

Padawan
When I was growing up in the U.S., there was a persistent rumor that there was a Return of the Jedi Death Star playset on the way. There was always the one kid that claimed to have it, but he was always the kid that never had anyone over to witness it.

Sadly, this behavior (or delusion) carries over into adulthood for some. I was conducting a presentation on 1980s Toys at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Washington last year when an audience member told this whopper about playing with Dinosaucers toys at a K-Mart store in the U.S. He claimed he opened them up in the aisle and played with them before his parents caught him and he got in trouble.

Thing is...Dinosaucers were never produced and the tooling ended up in South America where a few rare knockoffs were made. I told him that (while trying to be nice) but he wouldn't believe me. The encounter is on video on YouTube -- so at least you know I'm not making this up. ;)

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Several people here thought he coughed up an egg? WTF. :D

I watched Star Wars on bluray for the first time last week and kept an eye out for it. It's easier to see what it is in modern quality. Unless George changed it digitally retconning the whole egg thing to tie-in with the prequels where no eggs are regurgitated.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Several people here thought he coughed up an egg? WTF. :D

I watched Star Wars on bluray for the first time last week and kept an eye out for it. It's easier to see what it is in modern quality. Unless George changed it digitally retconning the whole egg thing to tie-in with the prequels where no eggs are regurgitated.

When I first noticed it it was on my copy recorded off the tele onto VHS :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom