Prototype: Yoda's own tea blend 1983

søren

Jedi Knight
Hi guys

I give you Yoda's own tea blend prototype tea bags. With miss spellings and wrong info on them .

The story is the following as i have been able to find the scares info on it.
I have brought a lot that used to be part of a showing on a now closed danish toy museum.
Read more here

In this lot there are a batch off prototype Yoda tea bags. ( Yoda's own tea blend ) There are a spelling error on the bags. Star Wars are spelled Star War and there are some mistake on the text on the bag. Claiming that Yoda is in all 3 films. This i probably why they where never remade and sold .

The story off the bags as i have been able to research is that about 3 boxes , with about 100 Pices of the bags where produced. I think that back in the days (1983) it was probably the local part of Fox Movies that had to clear stuff for Lucas Film. So the Tea bags ended up at Fox Movies Copenhagen. They could not clear the text errors and the Tea company then did not want to give it another try . Then the toy museum wanted to do a special exhibition on Star Wars in 1983 . Along with the Don Post Masks they got a case of Yoda Tea to display. What happened to the rest of the bags are lost in history . But they probably got used for Christmas presents on Fox films :) ( Just speculating here )

Off the lot that was used in the museum i now have 23 bags. I know that two more exist in private collections . One where sold of years ago. And two where destroyed over time. This makes the total 28 bags for the museum lot. Minus the 2 lost . And the one sold years ago So today maybe only 25 bags exist .

The bags say that they where made by Iversen & Larsen I/S Hvidover Denmark . This company no longer exist and i can't track any info down on them here 28 years later.

On the front of the bags there are some unique artwork with a painted smiling Yoda and on top of the bag there are written "Star War etiket indlagt " ( Star War label put in ) This is the biggest mistake on the bag. Fox Films / LFL could not let a product on the market with the brand name spelled wrong on package. The error is even bigger when you look at the Star Wars Return Of The Jedi logo on the butten of the bag. This makes me to believe that the people who made this . Did not know any thing about Star Wars and just wanted to make a quick buck on it. But was stooped when they went though Fox Films / LFL to get rights Clarence.

th_salgapril1003.jpg

The thing that the bag has the right SW ROTJ logo and the Lucas Film copyright and Authorized user on it, makes this thing even more wired. That it came all the way to a finish prototype before the errors was detected .
I mean getting some one to make the unik artwork , buying the decals , Contacting Fox / LFL and getting a factory to do the bags etc.

One should think that some one along in the process would have notice the errors or at least one of them .

The other error is on the side of the bag . Here it says : YODA Yoda stammer fra de kendte STAR WARS film. Han spiller en gennemgåene rolle i alle 3 film . Yoda er troldmanden som besider "kraften" Kraften som er de godes stærkeste våben Translated: YODA Yoda comes from the 3 know STAR WARS movies. He plays a contiguous part though all 3 films. Yodo is the sorcerer that holds the "power " The power is the goods strongest weapon. The way that the it is written in Danish . Is a bit orkut . You would not use the term the good , unless your a kid. The error that is used to times is that Yoda is in all 3 films. Well he is not as we all know.

th_salgapril1004.jpg

This might also have been a thorn in the eye off Fox / LFL so they could not let the tea be sold. But it then makes one wonder why they let the museum display the tea later on .

The bags says that there are a Star Wars Decal in the bag. I have opened one of the bags that had been opened previously .
The Decal i found is not unique to this product :-(. But are just a normal ROTJ decal . This one is with Vader on it .

The front of the decal
th_swogplaymo008.jpg

The back of the decal
th_swogplaymo009.jpg

This is the other side of the tea bag . It just says what kind of tea blend the bag holds
th_salgapril1005.jpg

Here is a shot of some of the bags
th_salgapril1006.jpg

Any way there you have it guys . Great finds can still be found almost 30 years on . So go out there and get digging :)

Cheers

Soren

PS. If any one have any info to ad on this find . DON'T hesitate to PM me or put it on this thread

Updated summer 2011

We had a huge floot rain here in Denmark . They guy i got the Tea from had to clear out his storage room . In a box he found one more Tea Bag. It had been very wet from the rain water flooding his storage. When i got it , i made the decision to open it in the button. ( where it is factory sealed ) So that it could be saved , and dry out .

Here is a picture of the tea on a news paper .
th_R2QC002.jpg

There were a different decal in the bag with Paploo on it.
th_R2QC003.jpg

jackabina

Sith Lord
there's loads of sw foods about. in my shop for example, we sell bounty hunter cheese............................................boba feta :oops:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I remember eating Return of the Jedi biscuits as a kid. They were like 'Nice' biscuits with images of the characters in place of the word 'Nice'.

They would go well with these tea bags :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom