Questions about toploaders

theslider

Sith Lord
I've heard people say that using them and cutting out a bubble sized area is the best way to display a card where the bubble has come away, some questions about them...

How easy is it to cut a bubble sized portion away - does it go through to the rear of the toploader (i.e. then you have a bubble shaped gap on both sides?)

With a card with a bubble in place will that card still be able to fit into an acrylic case?

Where the hell do you get them from?! I've had a look on eBay and the only ones I can find are all for trading cards.

M4K3R1

Padawan
If your searching on eBay, you need to search by 6 x 9 toploader
they are quite easy to cut as they are a thin plastic,
place a sturdy cardboard piece into the toploader, comic backing boards are good,
use a new sharp blade on the exacto knife and cut out what you need, using a metal ruler as your guide for the blade,
the board inside prevents you cuting through both sides of the plastic.
The thickness of the toploader will fit into one of GW cases, but they are a little too wide,
you will need to trim down both sides of the toploader by 1/2 mm
Try Jason Smith, as I believe he has recently had a batch of 6 x 9 toploaders arrive in UK
8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Yes, got a few packs of BCW 6x9 toploader to sell on my cardbacks stall at ff6.

I priced them at £2 each or £35 for a bag of 25.
And 6x9 top loaders with stands for £5 each.

Cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Hi there, missed your first reply. For small orders, I'll end up giving away the top loaders away for less than it cost me to import them (postsge fees are a rip off ftom the usa and import tax adds another third to the cost) if I offer free postage and packaging.

If you could cover these costs then we would have a deal.

Cheers Jason

theslider

Sith Lord
I can't imagine the postage being much - they'd go as a large letter wouldn't they - so I don't mind paying for postage - just gotta be cheeky cos if you don't ask you don't get! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom