Some market research - New Stands

itfciain

Grand Master
Right chaps - few people have been asking for these (Holger!) and finally it looks like I have something ready to go. Been working with Gary (chap who makes the disc stands) on a new stand - aimed at the vintage market and specifically designed to add to the look of displayed figures.

We have come up with this

SAM_6550_zpsf96532d2.jpg

SAM_6545_zpse8aceb93.jpg

SAM_6548_zpsf8ec562a.jpg
SAM_6547_zpsb01a76a5.jpg

Basically a clear rectangular stand - wide enough for the difference stances - and with the added bonus that you can label them up. At the moment we have Kenner and Palitoy labels with plans in place for other logos - such as POCH, Ledy and PBP. We are also planning to do a run of name tags as well - so that you can label up the stands for all of the figures. The labels can be removed so you can change them about however you like

Feedback on these would be great. The stands are ready and we are just looking at the various label options.

At the moment the thought process is to sell them out for around £1.00 per stand (including label) - what are people's thoughts on this price point ?

Additional label packs would be available seperately so that you can change the labels over at any point

At the moment I sell the disc stands for around 30p each and the Protech ones for 60p - but we think that these are more superior and the ability to label (and re-label) them means that they are perfect for all collectors

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm a big fan of the Protech but these look so much better,
Definitely a better size/shape for displaying figures in rows and the Palitoy label looks the business mate.
At a £1 per stand I couldn't replace all my current stands in one purchase but would certainly look to change over to these eventually, probably a shelf at a time.

spoons

Grand Master
I think they look great too and will sell well, but personally having names on stands only works when you have a very clean display.

My lot are crammed in a bertby and I think the writing would detract. The stands with figures displayed in nice lines would look much better - I might have to get a new display case :D

displayroom01_07_1226.jpg

walkie

Sith Lord
They look very good and I like the idea of the removal labels.

I have a couple of questions...

1. How do the look with some of the more arkward wide stance figures like Barada, Klaatu Skiff & Rancor Keeper for example?

2. Would the stickers be available seperately to give more flexibilty on changing displays over?

3. Bulk discounts? At £1.00 a pop I'd struggle to justify swapping over my collection :(

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi guys - thanks for the feedback - keep it coming

walkie said:
1. How do the look with some of the more arkward wide stance figures like Barada, Klaatu Skiff & Rancor Keeper for example?

They work with all of the figures - I would say that the Rancor Keeper is the widest stanced figure and he just sits on the edge. They also work with the droids as well

SAM_6571_zps9a97bf7e.jpg

SAM_6570_zpscee3c700.jpg

SAM_6573_zps24321347.jpg

SAM_6572_zps08276cf5.jpg

walkie said:
2. Would the stickers be available seperately to give more flexibilty on changing displays over?

Yes, for sure - that will be the attraction with the stands as we see it - means you can update them and change them around however you like

walkie said:
3. Bulk discounts? At £1.00 a pop I'd struggle to justify swapping over my collection :(

I think we are trying to sort out a starting price - Gary has put quite a bit of cash into the set up for these so that needs to be re-couped over time - however I am certain that bulk discounts would be available for muliple purchases - we just need to get the starting price right

spoons said:
I think they look great too and will sell well, but personally having names on stands only works when you have a very clean display.

I guess our hope is that people see these as a way of cleaning up their displays - we're aiming them at everyone - so if you just have the std figures then you can name tag them - but if you like variants then you can go for the manufacturer labels - or even have a mix

batman

Padawan
These look great, have you thought about mirroring the logo's and sticking them on the bottom of the stand ? That way the sticker can match the size of the stand eliminating the visible edge of the sticker + it makes it look like the logo is inside the stand 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
batman said:
These look great, have you thought about mirroring the logo's and sticking them on the bottom of the stand ? That way the sticker can match the size of the stand eliminating the visible edge of the sticker + it makes it look like the logo is inside the stand 8)

That's a very simple solution for a much better overall look - great idea!

itfciain

Grand Master
batman said:

Pretty sure we looked at this but the thickness of the stand mean that you would have to be looking down at the stand to see it. I will check for sure but think this is why it was ruled out - good idea though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom