SW: The Ultimate Special Edition

Wald

Padawan
May the 4th be with you!
200.gif

In celebration of this Day, I'm sharing this idea I have that I'd strongly recommend to Disney and Lucasfilm:

The changes George had made to this franchise to me are hit-and-miss, likewise Adywan etc.
Since my first ever viewing of Rogue One in the cinema, mind blown!
The CGI, VFX etc. combined with the many changes give ideas for the next remasters of the OT: the Ultimate Special Edition - starting with ANH (duh!).
This idea is to give SW an all-new modern look, to blend with same look as the latest SW - mainly Rogue One and Mandalorian.
I'm wary that there are those who think: "Oh no! Not another one!" however, I feel that this would be thee SE to end all SEs.

The main changes:

Visual:
Full/complete 4K HD restoration/static grain removal to the original/raw (and some unused) content from Lucasfilm Archives.
The original cockpit scenes and blue-screen/green-screen content given the same treatment to remove the matte lines.
Un-flip flipped shots.
Improved editing/rearranging of some shots in places.
Have all jump cuts fixed.
Reduce camera shakes.
Fix the many continuity errors/goofs that simply passed viewers by.
Several elements that were changed in 1997 to be reverted back to the originals.
Digitally erase all "studio" elements. (These include R2's socks/supports, camera shadows, squibs, etc.)
Make improved reshoots in places using the actual screen used (and a few new) props/costumes.
Redo all UI/interfaces.
All further english texts to be changed to Aurebesh.
Redo all lightsaber blades and laser blasts. (Also have the lasers realigned and have lightsabers ignite/retract)
Redo all FX shots/replace matte paintings using mostly the same CGI as Rogue One. (Relevant SE elements redone, too)
Fix constant non-matching elements. (Such as things disappearing/reappearing, left hand/right hand issues)
Add consistent elements to match the rest of the saga.
Redo all wipe transitions using "today's" software.

Audio:
Several elements of the 1977 mono audio to be reinstated (Including Beru's dialogue).
Fix dialogue lip sync and quality issues in places.
Add missing syllables.
All voiceovers reverted back to how they sound pre-SE. (Stormtroopers, intercoms, PA voices etc.)
Redo the music score for improved quality, (also add a "studio" space designer)
Re-score key Darth Vader moments to include Imperial March.

More to come soon.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom