UK Auction houses name and shame..

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Apart from Vectis who are pretty decent with their descriptions, has anyone bought a reasonably priced carded figure from another auction house and found that the description was far better than the actual card. Apart from graded cards, I seem to have a lot of bad luck with MOCs, so disillusioned..whilst obviously i can ask for more pics beforehand, if onky spotting the auction,that day, it becomes a bit harder.. Most of these places wont have star wars experts and probably wont mention reseal/ bubble lifting / moss growing on figure..etc.. So was wondering if i'm the only unlucky one.Please share your stories/thoughts..

Rob

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
TBH I don't think Vectis r that great with their descriptions at all!! I have had a few bits over recent years and they have failed to mention significant defects on a couple of pieces I certainly would never do if I were selling :!:

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Ah, ive actually only bought robots from Vectis..so they join the masses then when it comes to star wars carded....!

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
I think Vectis have upped their game recently and as far as I am aware they are the only ones in the UK that make any effort to weed out repro items,as to the descriptions I know they put alot of time and effort into trying to describe each item as accurately as possible.
As a potential buyer you can also contact them for condition reports.
If you cannot view in person I would always advise doing the above.
They also have a chap who helps Kathy with the Star Wars stuff and he's very helpful and seems to know what he's doing.
But I may be a little bit biased.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Hothrebel said:
They also have a chap who helps Kathy with the Star Wars stuff and he's very helpful and seems to know what he's doing. But I may be a little bit biased.

Spoiler alert!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Some auction houses don't really care much, I've seen blatant recarded figures up for sale a few years ago and when I've pointed this out they didn't want to know (not Vectis by the way). Buyer beware and always inspect in person.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom