Wrong figures on boxes

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My little nephew could not understand why the stormie are in the cockpit on the front of the at-st walker rotj box. And not the at-st driver. I must admit i have not noticed it before my nephew saw it and told me about it. He could not understand why i gave him the at-st driver for the walker because it is a stormie that drive it on the box 🤣

I have not checked other boxes for errors. But are there other boxes with wrong figures driving or flying them etc. Etc. 🧐

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Lars, I'm pretty sure this is because the vehicle was made before the correct figure. The AT-ST was actually released in the ESB range by Kenner in the US, so it's highly likely for Return of the Jedi, they prepared the re-release and updated its box photo art before the AT-ST Driver was released.

Similarly, the original white TIE Fighter was released well before the TIE Fighter Pilot (which was a late ESB release, where the TIE Fighter vehicle was a SW release), which is why a Stormtrooper is flying that one on the box as well. Likewise, the Twin-Pod 'Do nothing' Cloud Car has a Bespin Security Guard and Luke Bespin (of all people!) piloting it on the box (and it's parked on what appears to be Hoth and is surrounded by Leia Bespin, C-3PO, Lando and more Bespin Guards for good measure), because once again, it was released well ahead of the Cloud Car Pilot figure :)

Jeremy

Latest posts

Top Bottom