What did you make for your figures?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
E.g playsets, vechicals etc?

I made a carbon freeze chamber, by making a platform from cardboard on legs with a hole cut in the middle with a light bulb box taped to it. Made the hoth trench out of wood and painted white, the Ewok village from kitchen rolls and cardboard covered in paper paper mache painted it brown didn't last to long though.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I used to use the plastic ring and pot from a choc-dip as a backpack for Luke Bespin to carry Yoda. I never had one of the blue backpacks, never even new they existed.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
My Luke Jedi and General Madine had multiple landspeeders made from old Ribena cartons, as I never had the actual toy... lots of imagination required, but I had fun... :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
AT-AT out of cardboard that was massive and much closer to scale with the figures than the one that came out (you may have needed a bit more imagination with mine though to know exactly what it was).
Some kind of Hoth set out of plaster and wood which I can't seem to remember what it was and a Jabba's palace interior with his plinth thing but strangely I never actually owned a Jabba!?

I had lots of fun making these things and the Hoth and Jabba set lived out in the garden as they were both made with the said plaster and wood. I used to play with my figures outside all the time and the garden really is the biggest free playset that you can have.

Oh I did make a Bantha out of Lego once but my mate told me it looked nothing like a Bantha so I smashed it over his head! My temper has improved over the years and I'm still good friends with the mentioned mate so I guess it couldn't have been that well constructed as it didn't hurt him much although I'm not sure I've ever had an honest opinion from him since.

Ian

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
yaaa I get to post the vintage polaroid again twice in two days hoth playset made out of 80's pot noodle polystyrene trays and old tv polystyrene packing best play set ever circa 1982 happy days promise I wont post it again for at least a week :p

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 349

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Great thread! Me and my sister made a Yoda cave out of papier mache. Painted it brown and everything and I remember it was kicking around in my room for years. Did some kind of Hoth landscape as well. Reminds me Ive got to finish my cardboard At-At. Love making things.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I used to play with my figures outside all the time and the garden really is the biggest free playset that you can have.

Aint that the truth. I used to do this too with Star Wars, Action Man, Transformers, He Man etc. Used to use the trees too :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I had delusions of making my own AT-AT out of wood, but only got as far as making one hopelessly under-scaled side panel, and then Palitoy rolled out the real deal rendering my feeble efforts redundant! :D

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
@Robstyley thanks, @bosk70 that is great love it. Think I made some sort of Rancor pit using a box nothing excited.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom