12 C VCJ with Harbert Sticker

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
Ten THOUSAND pounds.... a steal? I think we need to step back and take a look at ourselves here.

It went for way more than a Kenner version would have (in the same condition) and is effectively a rather niche sticker variation.

10 Grand just can't be considered 'cheap' can it? Was anybody here bidding?

Yep. And I stand by that. How many Kenner VCJ MOCs have you seen? I know I've seen 5 or 6 and I'm betting there's easily double digit numbers out there. How many of these have you seen? A Blue Snag baggie is now, apparently, north of a grand. Jesus, loose VCJs are now £1,400 quid. No, £10,000 will never be considered a reasonable price for a toy, but then, to be honest, neither is £100 for a toy that could have cost someone 49p. Show me a Trilogo Jawa for less than £3,000 now. It's all relative. You make me sound like I think £10k is normal to blow on a toy. Of course it isn't. But relatively speaking, in this era of SW insanity, I consider this cheap.

This is, possibly, a unique survivor, certainly in terms of condition. I do acknowledge it's pretty darned niche, though.

This would have gone much higher had a certain big collector not had doubts about it and it's back story. Had he, and possibly other collectors, not shied away from it then yes, I think £10k would not be looking like a deal, a steal, the sale of the f%&£ing century :D

maxf

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
maxf said:
Ten THOUSAND pounds.... a steal? I think we need to step back and take a look at ourselves here.

It went for way more than a Kenner version would have (in the same condition) and is effectively a rather niche sticker variation.

Yep. And I stand by that. How many Kenner VCJ MOCs have you seen? I know I've seen 5 or 6 and I'm betting there's easily double digit numbers out there. How many of these have you seen? A Blue Snag baggie is now, apparently, north of a grand. Jesus, loose VCJs are now £1,400 quid. No, £10,000 will never be considered a reasonable price for a toy, but then, to be honest, neither is £100 for a toy that could have cost someone 49p. Show me a Trilogo Jawa for less than £3,000 now. It's all relative. You make me sound like I think £10k is normal to blow on a toy. Of course it isn't. But relatively speaking, in this era of SW insanity, I consider this cheap.

This is, possibly, a unique survivor, certainly in terms of condition. I do acknowledge it's pretty darned niche, though.

This would have gone much higher had a certain big collector not had doubts about it and it's back story. Had he, and possibly other collectors, not shied away from it then yes, I think £10k would not be looking like a deal, a steal, the sale of the f%&£ing century :D

I bet there are 100 plus VC jawas out there - easily - but way more collectors would be after one.

I still can't consider this the bargain people are saying it is - why weren't you all bidding?!

Anyway, I'm happy to be within £300 of my estimate earlier in the start of the thread ;).

stormcab

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
How do you display it though? Front out with an angled mirror behind or sticker out with angled mirror behind? Surely seeing it in the round is key to the piece being what it is?

:D :D :D

Attachments

• maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 494

wrighty

Sith Lord
Two unique (if you want to call it that):

1. VCJ on a 12 C back - most common is A back then B and only know of 2 C''s
2. The Harbert sticker

This is niche item for a variant or focus collector of the character. I am sure its not with a Jawa collector (we are too tight ass).

Anyone wanting a VCJ on card will be stupid to go for this, to pay a premium for something you may not care. I did know someone in US that bought a VCJ MOC for a good price on eBay due to a lowish grade without noticing it was a B back, bonus!!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I bet there are 100 plus VC jawas out there - easily - but way more collectors would be after one.

I still can't consider this the bargain people are saying it is - why weren't you all bidding?!

Anyway, I'm happy to be within £300 of my estimate earlier in the start of the thread ;).[/quote]

I rem years ago the US dealers 'Plastic Dreams' acquired no less than 18 Kenner MOC VCJs in one hit :!:

maxf

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
I rem years ago the US dealers 'Plastic Dreams acquired no less than 18 Kenner MOC VCJs in one hit :!:

I bought one from him. All ex-cinema stock!

wrighty

Sith Lord
maxf said:
palitoyjunky said:
I rem years ago the US dealers 'Plastic Dreams acquired no less than 18 Kenner MOC VCJs in one hit :!:

Anyone has a link to the write up? I remember reading it but can't remember where, he was working at the cinema and they were in the store room and he bought or took it home. That's what you call a FIND!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
maxf said:
palitoyjunky said:

That's right. In a range of conditions. They were selling near perfect examples for around $3000 back then which was v expensive :!:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
maxf said:

Hi

I have no idea who the collector is you are talking about but why would he or other collectors doubt it or shie away from it?

maxf

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
maxf said:
palitoyjunky said:

That's right. In a range of conditions. They were selling near perfect examples for around $3000 back then which was v expensive :!:

They were give aways for the cinema and these were left over. All of the ones I saw had the pop removed - I thought they all did as the cinema owner sent off for the offers. They were sold in 1999 or 2000. I paid $400 for one with no pop but still totally sealed (pop peeled off).

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
maxf said:

Anyway, I'm happy to be within £300 of my estimate earlier in the start of the thread ;).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Smart arse :lol:

Why didn't I bid on it? Because I'm busy selling not buying. And even if I wasn't, I could not possibly bring myself to spend 6 times the value of my car on a toy. Any toy.

I consider a lot of things in life a "bargain" but it doesn't mean I get to buy them. SW franchise for $4.05bn dollars, anyone? Tell me that wasn't a bargain ;) Disney are laughing all the way to Scrooge McDuck's vault at that price.

maxf

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Smart arse :lol:

Why didn't I bid on it? Because I'm busy selling not buying. And even if I wasn't, I could not possibly bring myself to spend 6 times the value of my car on a toy. Any toy.

I consider a lot of things in life a "bargain" but it doesn't mean I get to buy them. SW franchise for $4.05bn dollars, anyone? Tell me that wasn't a bargain ;) Disney are laughing all the way to Scrooge McDuck's vault at that price.

My comments weren't just towards you - loads on FB were saying how 'cheap' this was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom