LONDON MARATHON - Sunday 23rd April

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Jez needed to do this in 5 hours to qualify for the world record. According to the virgin app he just did that with 48 seconds to spare!

:)

Jason

Starzone

Padawan
All the best Jez....you should be very proud of what you've done over the last couple of years. If I was in charge you'd get a knighthood

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
Jez needed to do this in 5 hours to qualify for the world record. According to the virgin app he just did that with 48 seconds to spare!

Jason

:shock: We need official confirmation but this is sounding very promising!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Photos are up.

Facebook:-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155071823940149.1073741972.652110148&type=1&l=0bae1ccc91

Flickr:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_jason_smith/albums/72157680329694012

Jason

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Well done Jez☺

Well done to Jason and Rob for turning up to, aswell as Jasons banner.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations and well done.
You should be really proud of the achievement, hope that the next challenge is as successful.
Good luck.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
IMG_0224.PNG

IMG_0225.PNG

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Congrats Jez - to be honest, I thought you could not handle this.
Especially after the short period of recovery after the trip to Orlando.
Amazing - you are a winner!

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, I am absolutely done in.
As I had said to a few people before hand, running 4 x half marathons at Celebration just 7 days before was hardly the best Marathon prep, however I didn't want to turn down the opportunity to run at Orlando and raise loads of awareness and money. Therefore I knew that I was going in to this run feeling below par.
I am so grateful for all of the support and banners, but so sorry that I didn't have the chance/time to stop. I knew that if I did stop to chat and missed the record by a few seconds i'd be crushed (and whoever I chatted with would probably feel a bit bad too), so I had to just keep going. My legs felt like absolute lead with about 8 miles to go and i knew that my speed was dropping off to the extent that it was really touch and go if i'd make it. Every now and then i'd have the voice of Luke Skywalker from the new teaser trailer in my head saying 'Breath, just breath' as I really needed to focus.
Even when I crossed the line I wasn't sure what my official chip time was, however a man in a GWR blazer quickly came up to me and said congratulations, you've made it. Considering that this was my 3rd marathon and i've run a 100km race before, i've never had to put so much into anything in my life. It took everything out of me not to fall down. I've never felt this fatigued in my life. Work have just sent me home.

I have 10 days to rest, recover, rebuild and focus on the May the 4th run, however even though that is over 50% longer, there isn't the weight of a time limit on my head. If I need to stop to stretch, get first aid or eat I will do. I knew yesterday that if I stopped to get some help or stretch, the record attempt would be over.

I am so happy but I am absolutely knackered.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Jez said:
Work have just sent me home.

I think you're a trooper (excuse the pun) even going into work today. Think you ought to spend the rest of today getting slowly sozzled! You're a world record holder, that is defo cause to crack open the champagne - or at least a lager!

The regime of focus, diet, training etc can start again tomorrow...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom