Latest Acquisitions

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Also picked this up at Celebration.....bit of a bargain after another seller decided to add $20 to her displayed price!

20170422_162440_HDR~2.jpg

stormcab

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
A rare and unexpected entry for me. I'm in the process of selling my MOCs off, but I couldn't resist this chap. I love the 45a cardback and this guy was a bit of a bargain. He's graded 85 which means nowt to me but nice to have. I've got a real soft spot for the Imp Commander. Underrated bad guy all round.

Had my eye on him too, but have an ungraded one, and not too fussed about doing any upgrades. Good going. Nice price for an 85 Palitoy

SOJ

Sith Lord
Although I didn't make celebration I received a little taste of it today.

Through a trade I did on Facebook with a chap called Todd Iganti, he got me this Ledi Cardback and he also threw in a Kenner ad slick for the collectors case. Todd reliably informed me these were issued to toy stores for them to use catalogues etc.

Thanks to Jason Smith and Ben for getting these back to me.

Thanks to Ben also for sorting my wardrobe for the next 6 months. Gonna wear this thing to death.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 988

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SOJ said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
A rare and unexpected entry for me. I'm in the process of selling my MOCs off, but I couldn't resist this chap. I love the 45a cardback and this guy was a bit of a bargain. He's graded 85 which means nowt to me but nice to have. I've got a real soft spot for the Imp Commander. Underrated bad guy all round.

A peach. Are you sure you aren't starting an ESB run. What with this and my Vader you were after.

Ha! No mate. Not buying. Honestly. Well, a little. Just can't help myself.

Cheers Stormcab. I'm pleased with him but wouldn't have bothered if I'd had a nice one already, either.

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
DSC02362.JPG

My battered 33 yrs old Biker scout has just photo bombed my new acquisition probably well jealous at the shiny armour of his new friend. First Biker scout on card i've handled since that day in Woolworths, Aberystwyth when i bought him originally. I clearly remember choosing between Biker scout or AT-ST driver from the ROTJ carded rack that day. BS won that battle.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Simon, lovely Palitoy Imp Commander. Love that figure as well- always seems to go under the radar. Nice Stormie as well.

Rob, another cool Leia pick up - not seen that before.

Rhyfelyser, cool Biker Scout- the moc's not bad either ;) Gotta love childhood figures- that's what it's all about 8)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Car boot mini haul :)

£12 the lot. Luke is as close to mint as I'll find. He was £1 from one stall and the rest was £11 from another. Annoyingly I was second to the stall. Another guy bought two Tuskens with capes, Luke FB, Chewie, Gam Guard and another two or three figures. For £12. Doh. Still happy with this lot. Can't beat the buzz of finding vintage at car boots! It was her brother's stuff and all that was left after he mother threatened to chuck it. Brother doesn't know, poor guy.

IMG_8554.JPG

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Amazing find Simon! There must be so much of this stuff collecting dust in attics and cupboards, none of it is as rare as people would want you to believe.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Amazing find Simon! There must be so much of this stuff collecting dust in attics and cupboards, none of it is as rare as people would want you to believe.

You're absolutely right, Edd. I bet not even half, probably not a quarter of what still exists in the U.K. is available for trade. This stuff is everywhere, it just doesn't come up as often as we'd like :)

poncho

Grand Master
love all the latest buys

my missus gave me £10 to buy tat at my local carboot

this is my haul

£8.30 well spent

beater dsc with lovely insignias and beater univisor china raised bar snowie (£5)
modern complete magna guard (£1)
dinky/meccano tempest II spitfire? (10p)
beverly hills cop soundtrack (20p)
1979 sealed cliro hulk bubblebath (£2)

enjoy

Attachments

• 1493029468175-535245051.jpg
    1493029468175-535245051.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 834

Jez

Sith Lord
I must do one of my big catch ups soon, but i'm conscious that I haven't added anything myself for months, and i'm excited to say that Celebration changed that :D

The first piece that i found was this Die Cast X-Wing which i thought would fit in my collection nicely and was a good price. Exciting to get something vintage again.
FD2C50CD-CB1F-43DD-B234-D3E03591211F_zpsjvvvfqet.jpg

On the same stall i saw a few more Oddball Party items which will compliment what i already have really nicely.
72050548-E1D6-4A2F-8581-BE7C13A85BBC_zpse15wq8ee.jpg

Then I went to the room sales and saw this little beauty. I now have 2 Die Casts! She's a little bit rough and her POP has been removed from the rear but I thought it was a good prices and it's always fun to buy at the room sales :)
55632C58-6026-4968-B63A-EBB993A89929_zpsfdoeitge.jpg

I probably had the least time to go swag collecting as i was pretty much confined to my Running Stormtrooper table but this is a group shot of what i managed to get.
D447A6F7-0B32-471C-9F01-42C484CA50E4_zpsofjnjvc8.jpg

However i'd like to bring your attention to this little beaut. I was chatting to a man at my stall for a while about Make A Wish and the military etc. After about 10 minutes he moved on, but not before reaching into his inner pocket and giving me this coin. He went on to say 'You now own a piece of the Space Shuttle Atlantis' he went on to explain that this coin has been forged out of a component that was only ever used once and has been made in a limited run and has the names of the flight crew imprinted on it. He said it was now mine. I couldn't believe it! Christ knows what its' made of, it's as light as a feather.
AFA1DE2E-B576-401B-963E-750730AF255B_zpssbx4nz2w.jpg

788D3996-3111-4150-BF01-7F8EF20D66F7_zpssgefctkc.jpg

My final item also blew my mind and left me speechless. On the last day I had just completed my last half marathon and went off for a shower. When I returned to my booth/table the lads told me to tidy up and that there was something for me on the table. It all happened in a blur so I hope I have acknowledged everyone but the lads were: Grant, Richard, Daz, Commander Clint and an awesome chap by the name of Lee Harris. To my delight I quickly realised that they had bought The Running Stormtrooper his first ever 12" figure and it was of course, a Stormtrooper! He's awesome! Thank you so much:
763ECCA9-17ED-40A9-B348-0C3B89CB9117_zpshlajiaog.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez,
Funny, I was looking at the swag picture and that "coin" really caught my eye, the other swag is nice, but wow a piece of the space shuttle... :shock:
Whats the story on the marshal button?
As for the storm trooper, words fail me, what great friends :p

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
What a lovely gesture by a bunch of top chaps. Nice one fellas. And congrats Jez on your first 12" figures. No one forgets their first 12 inches :D

I'm not into customising vintage but if you don't make a little runner number for him I'm going to be most displeased!

Latest posts

Top Bottom