Tauntaun saddle variants ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys got this tauntaun from a friend who found it in a danish childhood lot with a palitoy box.

But the saddle have a thin strap and all my other saddles I have, have the thick strap. I am surprised that I have never seen or heard about
a thin strap before. A few years ago I got another palitoy box from a danish childhood lot also with a tauntaun and that saddle is thick.

Have any of you seen the thin one before ? :? any stories about it ?

After looking at it, I would say the thin one looks better than the thick ones. Could they have changed the production because the thick one always break ? or do they just come from different factories ?

P1140975.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Thin one comes the solid belly Tauntaun Lars

That was a little embarrasing. I got it with a open belly tauntaun, so I only checked all my open belly tauntauns and I never thought about checking my solid belly tauntauns. It must have been years since I have had my solid belly tauntauns out and I have never noticed that it was thinner on those tauntauns :oops: I found my solid belly tauntauns and they all have the thin one :shock:

But I still think the thin one is better, was the open belly not produced after the solid belly ? so why change the saddle ? :?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
so why change the saddle ? :?

I'm guessing they put a thicker saddle on the Open Belly toy because kids would remove it and re-affix it more often to use the new feature, with the thicker one being less likely to rip.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
Pomse2001 said:
so why change the saddle ? :?

I'm guessing they put a thicker saddle on the Open Belly toy because kids would remove it and re-affix it more often to use the new feature, with the thicker one being less likely to rip.

Maybe you are right about the thick one was better for kids in the old days. I never had one when I was a kid.

Maybe it is the age of them that makes the thicker one not that strong or maybe I have just me unlucky to get some not so good saddles with thick strap. When I put them on my tauntauns then I think today the thin ones is better to work with without breaking them. The thick ones is very fragile.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I really don't think so. I owned both a solid belly and an open belly Tauntaun back in the 80's, both of which I bought new from my local Toy Shop when they were released. Both were ESB Palitoy boxes and both Tauntauns had thin saddle straps. It wasn't until many years later when I started collecting vintage again that I saw a thick saddle strap, and I remember thinking how unusual it was as I had never seen one before. So perhaps the change from thin to thick straps was a running change that happened shortly after open belly one was released?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Well, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I really don't think so. I owned both a solid belly and an open belly Tauntaun back in the 80's, both of which I bought new from my local Toy Shop when they were released. Both were ESB Palitoy boxes and both Tauntauns had thin saddle straps. It wasn't until many years later when I started collecting vintage again that I saw a thick saddle strap, and I remember thinking how unusual it was as I had never seen one before. So perhaps the change from thin to thick straps was a running change that happened shortly after open belly one was released?

Thanks mate for that info. Because the one I got with esb palitoy box and open belly also had the thin strap and my friend found it in a danish childhood collection :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom