Latest Acquisitions

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
A few new items in the collection... The highlight is a sealed pair of ROTJ curtains by UK company Hayjax, these are easy to find loose but I've never seen a sealed set before and am really pleased to have picked these up. Also a few Topps bubblegum wrappers with several US versions, a UK series 2 with Palitoy advert, and a rare French series 2 with Meccano advert. A bootleg C-3PO badge with imagery taken from the Topps trading cards. And last, not vintage but a nice set of ILM badges featuring their various locations around the world.

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

apack7229

Sith Lord
Just picked this about an hour ago at a local antique fair for $17. Now I can finally put my loose set with a box. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 750

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Some great pickups! I got these this morning at a local carboot, £7 for them. Occasionally you do still pick up vintage out and about

Attachments

• IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 718

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
So much wonderful variety. Love the FX-7 - Epic cardback, that! Those curtains are brilliant. Our own Tickion has some in his cabinet (last time I checked) in Snooper's Paradise. Damned hard to resist. That race car set is brilliant!

Great car boot find, Chris! Nice one. It is still out there and just needs some luck and perseverance to find.

I've actually had this lost for a few weeks but haven't had much in the way of time to post it up here. This (once again) shows that eBay is still the best (online) resource for nice finds and bargains. It wasn't terribly well listed and, as if that wasn't enough, the first photo featured a Tazo album! It was a right mixed back of paperwork and the like. The highlights are some of the articles (great to read what the stars thought in the years immediately after the film's release as opposed to now, years later), the Palitoy Bounty Hunter offer is brilliant and super rare, the black and white Palitoy catalogue is, believe it or not, an official Palitoy publication and the fan club stuff is amazing: the letter is a subscription reminder letter but on the back features a competition to win part of the original Millennium Falcon! Who won it? Where is is now? Also, a letter in respect of the first ever screening of all three of the OT in London for fan club members.

Interesting how the article from the Radio Times featuring the "Faceless Men of Star Wars" is all about the British actors behind the masks and costumes, but not a Sith Lord in sight. Still sulking? Unavailable? In the middle of some legal battle?? Whatever it is, his absence is noticeable indeed.

As if that wasn't enough then there's a completed FKS ESB sticker album, some Bantha Tracks, a load of comic adverts and poster magazines. Oh, and the real bonus: not one Tazo album......two!

IMG_9346.JPG

IMG_9347.JPG

IMG_9348.JPG

IMG_9349.JPG

IMG_9350.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some really great items there, just reading the triple billing letter and a few things stood out.

The showing was a Wednesday, and Jedi didn't start till 11:40!

That would have been a very late/early finish for most, let along for kids and parents haveing to go to work the next day, and then how would anyone have got home on public transport?

And £6.00 a ticket,that would have been a lot of money back then?

But what a golden chance to be there at the first showing of RoTJ...

Really intresting letter, congratulations.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great stuff Si - starting to get into the paperwork side of things; really like the triple bill letter. And it's coincidental that I stumbled across this last night when going through some rolls of old posters...

11AA87C2-5A0C-4C53-B452-65C186815137_zps4kjla2h7.jpg

I'm assuming we scrounged it from the cinema when we went to the triple bill in August '83 but I don't remember... Anybody seen these before, is it a cinema poster?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mate, that's awesome :) Yes, it is indeed a UK poster for the triple bill. It makes it all the better that you personally (or your folks) scrounged it! Spend some cash and get that nicely framed up. Fantastic!

coomber75

Sith Lord
Never wanted to go down this route... But £4 each on eBay I couldn't stop lol let's say well used :D

Attachments

• 1496080302759311280277.jpg
    1496080302759311280277.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 636
  • 1496080315651-171873168.jpg
    1496080315651-171873168.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 636

Palifan

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Great stuff Si - starting to get into the paperwork side of things; really like the triple bill letter. And it's coincidental that I stumbled across this last night when going through some rolls of old posters...

11AA87C2-5A0C-4C53-B452-65C186815137_zps4kjla2h7.jpg

I'm assuming we scrounged it from the cinema when we went to the triple bill in August '83 but I don't remember... Anybody seen these before, is it a cinema poster?

That was the showing I went to back in the day, amazing poster!

Ian

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I remember that triple bill!

Me and a few mate sat through 2 showings....back when u didn't get thrown out of the cinema and you could give the 'I missed the start of the movie' excuse

Would love to get one of those and frame it one day

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Found a couple of extra items that I picked up at celebration and forgot to post about.

Firstly, got this item from Todd chaimberlain. Many will hate it but I really like it. It is a pennant that was sold at ice capades. It's sort of like a holiday on ice type thing that on its 1986 tour featured Ewoks, specifically a section called The Ewoks and the magic sunberries. I don't think it was very successful.

IMG_6618.JPG

Here's the to commercial for those who care.

[youtube]o-21zfzO4Lc[/youtube]
I also picked this up courtesy of Iain.

IMG_6621.JPG

Finally, got these as part of the lego may 4th stuff.

IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6619.JPG

Palifan

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
I remember that triple bill!

Me and a few mate sat through 2 showings....back when u didn't get thrown out of the cinema and you could give the 'I missed the start of the movie' excuse

Would love to get one of those and frame it one day

You sat through 2 showings of the triple bill?! Wow that's a very long day sat in the cinema, I can remember watching them once through and going in during daylight and coming out into the dark, it seemed really strange at the time but I could think of much worse ways to spend the day :D

Ian

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
Found a couple of extra items that I picked up at celebration and forgot to post about.

Firstly, got this item from Todd chaimberlain. Many will hate it but I really like it. It is a pennant that was sold at ice capades. It's sort of like a holiday on ice type thing that on its 1986 tour featured Ewoks, specifically a section called The Ewoks and the magic sunberries. I don't think it was very successful.

IMG_6618.JPG
Many may hate it but I'm one that does like it :D
Just curious how big it actually is? One of those items I would grab for the right price but forget all about them 2 mins after seeing a pic

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Hooch said:
Mr-shifter said:

IMG_6618.JPG
Many may hate it but I'm one that does like it :D
Just curious how big it actually is? One of those items I would grab for the right price but forget all about them 2 mins after seeing a pic

Hi Scott.

It's about the same size as one of the Spanish character books. It fits in quite well with those.

I think I paid either $20 or $30 for it. It was part of a few item purchase so I'm not really sure.

If you find multiples of the other two pendants give me a shout. You know what is like. Now I have one I want all 3!

Latest posts

Top Bottom