Vectis SW 40th Anniversary Wait

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Certain items have to be picked up by hand!

I happily drove to Vectis from London to pick up the 30 back Yoda I won a couple of years ago.

I also forgot to mention Vectis were v helpful in that they actually drove a lot I won down to me a fair while ago now as they were coming to London on business. Again it was a very serious piece, so much appreciated :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Appreciate the wait can be frustrating if you're new to it, but chill: you've won it and it's not going to disappear. And an hour is nothing, I'd have been in the car straight off, especially if it's that important you get it.

Vectis do a phenominal amount of packing and the quality of their packing is excellent. Other than bloody MOCs!!! I do with they'd start protecting around the bubble than around the star case. That aside, it really is impressive.

Patience, young padawan.

Someone shoot me. I've just quoted the prequels :oops:

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Yes my 1st thought was collection as it's not that far. When they said £16 I bit their hand off! Saving petrol money/time/effort. Just this waiting game is a killer :roll:

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Glimmer of light after my long 4 weeks waiting for Vectis Auctions. Got SMS and Email today saying my lots have been dispatched and are with DPD.

HOORAH :!:

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
I guess Vectis sucks, just like any auction. Would never buy from any auction because of the charges they make... :cry:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, almost a full month after the auction, I've FINALLY been billed for postage, packing and the ever-popular credit card charges - you know, the ones that almost no other retailers or sellers ever have the effrontery to openly pass on to their customers, especially after having already whacked on an eye-watering 24% commission fee on top of the winning auction price - but at least it hopefully means that at last my lot is finally moving nearer to me.... Any decade now... ;-)

subzero

Sith Lord
Nah **** that, if I hand over good money for a collectable I need it now :twisted:

Can't be dealing with the sleepless nights for that long iv'e got way too much anticipation and excitement, I got a MOC He-Man figure from the states last month which took about 1 week to arrive and I was being eaten away inside by my own thoughts lol.

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Opened my package! Very well packed is the positive. Some items were in more need of TLC than described by Vectis. When it said "split bubble" I wasn't prepared for the split I found which ran virtually the height of the figure but not enough to slip a figure under. Anyways, just glad I got them eventually...

Lindo

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Opened my package! Very well packed is the positive. Some items were in more need of TLC than described by Vectis. When it said "split bubble" I wasn't prepared for the split I found which ran virtually the height of the figure but not enough to slip a figure under. Anyways, just glad I got them eventually...
sounds like the usual vague description by Vectis, I have had to return things in the past because they cant be arsed to describe an item properly, pretty **** really when you look at the percentage they are get to market the stuff

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
[/quote]
sounds like the usual vague description by Vectis, I have had to return things in the past because they cant be arsed to describe an item properly, pretty **** really when you look at the percentage they are get to market the stuff[/quote]

Yeah the vagueness is very convenient I thought in hindsight! I didn't know you were allowed to do returns to Vectis and if so, do they give you the BIG FAT percentage fee back?

Lindo

Sith Lord
Yes mate they fully refund, I had to send them pictures of the smashed bubble and they looked at their description and agreed that it was shite, I then sent the item back, recorded of course and once they had it they refunded me, I think the excuse they gave me was that their star wars expert wasn't the only one listing the descriptions, or some bollox like that

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Great thanks for advice bud. Now I need to decide if I hold onto the figure in question as I've never had it on a card before. It would seem a shame to send it back as I might not see one again in the next 10 yrs - not at a good price anyhow! I got a decent price so might just add 'Leia Poncho' to her new family in the attic :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Great thanks for advice bud. Now I need to decide if I hold onto the figure in question as I've never had it on a card before. It would seem a shame to send it back as I might not see one again in the next 10 yrs - not at a good price anyhow! I got a decent price so might just add 'Leia Poncho' to her new family in the attic :D

Vectics are quite good at sending a part refund if they've miss-listed something, maybe at a slightly reduced rate it might help with your decision to keep it? I think it's always worth a try as I had to do it once with them as they listed a boxed item as being complete with no damage and there was one item missing and something had a small break. They gave me a very fair part refund and I was happy enough to keep it in my collection.

Ian

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Just to fill you in on a result I've had from Vectis Auctions. I'm planning on keeping all the figures in question as they have offered me a partial refund! Thanks for all your expert advice guys 8)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 472

Palifan

Sith Lord
I think that seems like a fair result and maybe it's hard to say when this damage occurred but as long as you're happy to keep hold of them with the reduction then it's all good.

Well done for sticking with it a fighting for your corner, it was worth it in the end. :D

Ian

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah haha there's a hidden apostrophe ( * ) in there of the *hammer price*.. so basically yes i think that's the hammer price and not inclusive of fees.

However not to take away from their service which is still very good and considerate of taking the 20% off out of goodwill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom