Profiles in History Ebay auction

Palifan

Sith Lord
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man foot made me laugh, I know it's an iconic character from an amazing movie but that really was in some rough shape. Hopefully the owner isn't trying to put a whole suit together as it might take both a lot of time and money.

That Goonies cutlass went for a good amount though, not surprised by that one.

Ian

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Some utterly mind blowing pieces. Bill Hudson's armour and weapon from Aliens, blueprints for X-Wing, Y-Wing and Falcon, original Tom Jung drawings for SW and ESB posters, so much!

I want a go at The Goonies cutlass :D
Were you the winner!
$9000 was the winning bid + 28% commission....

Ha! After watching the putter from Caddy Shack go for $16,000 +28% I decided sleep was more important and went to bed.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I just had to see how much the cutlass went for after you mentioned it.
Some of those prices were incredible, just goes to show there are still some people with that kind of money.
It was interesting to see the lots go through, there were a lot of fascinating items.
After that last sentence, did anyone on here buy anything?

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
Some of those prices were incredible, just goes to show there are still some people with that kind of money.
It was interesting to see the lots go through, there were a lot of fascinating items.

Had a cheeky punt on the R2-D2, but narrowly missed out with my £13.99 bid :cry:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:

I knew it would be well out of my price range for what I was interested in so didn't have a punt. That said though there were some items that went for a more reasonable amount but as with collecting anything, it's if it's an area that interests you.

I have a few catalogs from past auctions and they are really well printed with large pictures and make for great reference.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I would think that the catalogs would be interesting especially if they had estimate and realised prices in them.
Where did you get them from?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I would think that the catalogs would be interesting especially if they had estimate and realised prices in them.

Looking on their site I thought they still had back issues but it looks like they don't go back very far. Here's the link anyway and there is a nice Battlestar Galactica auction coming up which they have a catalog for - https://profilesinhistory.com/shop/ (love the The Frank Darabont Collection coffee-table catalog as well).

This link here means you can take a look at their past auctions and view the items as a flipbook - https://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/

There is going to be a Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds auction coming up later in the year but you can't view the items yet online, might be one to watch out for though.

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I hope the guy that bought the R2D2 doesn't collect Palitoy MOC!

If there are Star Wars collectors out there paying 2.3 million for R2D2 and 375,000 for lightsabers then you can see why Action Figure prices are rising as well, surely these high profile sales will bring more collectors, money and demand into the market.

This is probably a stupid question but how do you know the props are real, do they come with a COA from Lucas Films or something?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
Mini99 said:

Looking on their site I thought they still had back issues but it looks like they don't go back very far. Here's the link anyway and there is a nice Battlestar Galactica auction coming up which they have a catalog for - https://profilesinhistory.com/shop/ (love the The Frank Darabont Collection coffee-table catalog as well).

This link here means you can take a look at their past auctions and view the items as a flipbook - https://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/

There is going to be a Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds auction coming up later in the year but you can't view the items yet online, might be one to watch out for though.
Thank you very much for the links, will look through those at the weekend.
Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thank you very much for the links, I will have a look at those at the weekend.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Thank you very much for the links, I will have a look at those at the weekend.

They've had some amazing pieces through their hands over the years so you should enjoy looking through some of the old catalogs. These catalogs do turn up on ebay as well so you can always try to hunt one out if there's one you'd like to own.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom