ive dabbled and modern is not for me....

subzero

Sith Lord
From what iv'e seen so far almost all ROTJ bubbles have at least some slight yellowing, what iv'e noticed however that's weird is all the trilogo ROTJ bubbles iv'e seen so far have been crystal clear, haven't seen a single yellowed one yet.

Section8 this is the wrong forum to be posting pics of He-Man figures :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I like some of the modern stuff - actually walking into a shop with my daughter and coming out with SW toys is pretty cool 8)

Agree with Edd - figures should have been more like the ReAction retro line of figures.

Attachments

• WP_20170715_15_42_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170715_15_42_20_Pro.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 569
  • WP_20170715_15_42_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170715_15_42_32_Pro.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 564

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Back in 95 I bought everything I could find right up to ep1/2/3/ as I was so hyped they were selling sw again and as said before some of the same moulds but looked at it all one day and I had lost the love for some of it so sold a lot at bootsales and just kept my fav bits. That's how its been since only buy my fav figs or ships if I like the look of them and only if they are on special discount or at boots sales, much more choosy now, that way I get a bargain and have to wait and work for it so seems more fun when I finally find what I wanted at a bargain price, just luv the hunt. Still collect and love vintage that always was a given :)

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
x-pack said:
I think of as being 'what if?' ...you know, what if Vader had a proper cape and removable helmet, or what if there had been a Moff Tarkin figure, etc etc

My god just realised there was never a vintage Grand Moff Tarkin! How did I miss that one? What a superb major character. Praise be to Mr. Peter Cushing!

subzero

Sith Lord
After I very first got into collecting the vintage figures in about 2001 when I started having feelings of nostalgia, I also bought a couple of Episode 1 figures and eventually several Episode 2, they were fun for about 10 mins then I quickly got bored of them. As what's already been mentioned I too didn't have any connection to them so quickly lost interest and sold them.

subzero

Sith Lord
This gave me a right laugh, I knew POTF 2 figures were bad from looking at them in Forbidden Planet years ago, but wow...... just wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycWd7bK_XLc

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
great funny vid forgot how bad the first run was and they dissed bendems, I love bendems, but at lease they had respect for Bossk as it should be :D

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I admit the early POTF2 figures look horrible more like steroid users gone wrong then Star Wars characters but they have a place for me as there were the ones I grew up with, going to the shops on a Saturday with my Pocket money getting a new figure. God can't believe its been 20 years since I started collecting. First figure was Luke jedi.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've been collectiong all the Rogue One figures so far, also have a lot of love for 'Rebels' at the moment and have started collectiing those too.

Russ J

Jedi Master
Well i've been collecting modern on and off since the POTF 2 stuff landed in '95 (majority of the 3.75 range rather than other toys) and yeh fair do's there's not a great love for modern and it'll not be worth a toss in years to come but thats not the reason i collect modern....i collect for the fun of it yeh earlier modern were very 'He Man' sculpted but i think Hasbro have really improved their skills and some of the TFA and Rogue One have really good sculpts...also its great to see Starwars back on the shelves in the stores after Starwars was in the toy wilderness for a while....

Its never gonna have that magic that Vintage has but young kids of the mid nineties who have grown up with modern will fondly look back in 20-30 years from know and consider that as their vintage...our vintage we have know will probably mean nothing to them as they will have no emotional attachment to that stuff at a guess...

This is my opinion only :D

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think your spot on Russ, I now only buy the ones that I really, really like as I would soon run out of room :) and money :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree. I've collected modern since 1995, and whilst it's not a patch on Vintage in my affections, it still has a place in my heart. I don't collect anything because of its value, I collect it because I like it, and if there was a time in the modern line when they were cranking out what seemed to be hundreds of new figures each year and I began to feel that I 'had' to have them all, I eventually reached a point where my collecting changed and now I am far happier only buying those things I genuinely want, and passing on the rest.

I also drew the line at the new films and have bought nothing at all from them, not because of any particular objection to either the films or the toys, but rather because it made for a natural break point (plus I don't have the space to keep it, or the money to buy it). I'll still buy super-articulated figures from the first 6 films (if Hasbro ever makes any more in the 4 inch line!; I don't do 6 inch), but these days I pass on non-super-articulated and anything not from the first 6 films.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom