Latest Acquisitions

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sabreman said:
Picked this guy up today, took the kids into town for a bit, called in Costa etc just the usual. Called in a couple of charity shops to chance my arm and bingo. Paid a pound, yes I know not the best find but at least now he is part of my collection and will be cherished.

Great buy. I'd have paid a pound whatever the figure. Can't beat the satisfaction of finding it!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
I continue to love checking out everyone's new additions to their collections. Great stuff guys!

My latest pickup is an original LP from 1979 produced by Music de Wolfe and is titled Thrust. You might ask me what the heck does this have to do with vintage Star Wars? Well, the album features music composed by the late Jack Trombey. Track #2, titled Fourth Dimension, is arguably the most iconic vintage Kenner Star Wars jingles ever. It was mainly used during the ESB era commercials and some early ROTJ ones. Shortly after, they started using the theme from the movie as the background music. After years of mystery, I was stoked to finally learn of this along with 2 of the other early themes that Kenner used in it's commercials.

I know this is a bit of an "oddball" item, but am excited to add it to my collection for it's link to Kenner history. Here are a couple pics of the album along with a link to the song below the photos.

IMG_9499.JPG

IMG_9502.JPG

Here is the link to the track, Fourth Dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st775dvHYsg

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Got to add this piece that I've been chasing for a while. Canadian GDE special offer twin pod with 2 free ccps. Already had the special offer 1 free ccp.

Just 2 twin pods to go!

Attachments

• DSC_0807.JPG
    DSC_0807.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 693

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's a fantastic boxed ship in mint condition, and the MOCs are equally in as great condition, congratulations, great acquisition.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Managed to add this to my ESB collection of 41 backs, not as special as some previous posts, but another 41 back ticked off. :wink:
Other than the cut pop the card and bubble are great.
What's the best part, just over £60 posted, really pleased.
I was thinking that the "Star wars is cheap under £50" post could do with a bit of inflation?
Or of course I could always use "Star wars maths" instead and post it there anyway. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 675

Jedijut

Padawan
Well I never!!
After posting a few weeks back and chatting to Jez about what other Die Cast Land Speeders I was searching for, something amazing happened. A post popped up on one of the Facebook page advertising for sale a ultra rare Clipper Die Cast Land Speeder with a Meccano import sticker. What!!!
The bubble was fully detached from the card but it was all there. Negotiations began and came to a deal that both of us could be happy with.
Some collectors frown upon reseals but I have no problem with it especially something as rare as this. I have only ever seen a loose card back and one sealed MOC example of this and as of a few months ago had my doubts that they were even legit.
After talking to some collectors and gathering information about the Meccano sticker I am super happy to add what is the rarest production item in my collection.
Need to thank Spoons for tagging me firstly and then helping me value the piece.

Attachments

• IMG_7366.JPG
    IMG_7366.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 560

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very nice :) Old NN is underrated and a great sculpt.

You may want to add it to this thread which is dedicated to Latest Acquisitions:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200&start=31995

It's the go-to thread for all the latest vintage SW tat that this associated bunch of mentalists pick up in between smelling old ladies' pant gussets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom