Latest Acquisitions

coomber75

Sith Lord
awesome landspeeder, have stumbled in to die casts recently and sm loving them, v envious and am also fan of the reseals... makes my collection affordable :D

Jedijut

Padawan
coomber75 said:
awesome landspeeder, have stumbled in to die casts recently and sm loving them, v envious and am also fan of the reseals... makes my collection affordable :D

Totally agree, it's affordable to chase an example and not a grade. Mostly go for sealed but when it's on the rarer more expensive side I'm open to a reseal.

The Die Cast Line is still a realistic run to complete and somewhat still affordable.
Great to see others interested in the line.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
8)
Jedijut said:
Well I never!!
After posting a few weeks back and chatting to Jez about what other Die Cast Land Speeders I was searching for, something amazing happened. A post popped up on one of the Facebook page advertising for sale a ultra rare Clipper Die Cast Land Speeder with a Meccano import sticker. What!!!
The bubble was fully detached from the card but it was all there. Negotiations began and came to a deal that both of us could be happy with.
Some collectors frown upon reseals but I have no problem with it especially something as rare as this. I have only ever seen a loose card back and one sealed MOC example of this and as of a few months ago had my doubts that they were even legit.
After talking to some collectors and gathering information about the Meccano sticker I am super happy to add what is the rarest production item in my collection.
Need to thank Spoons for tagging me firstly and then helping me value the piece.

V cool man, never seen that Meccano import sticker before 8)

spoons

Grand Master
Some lovely items on here this past few weeks 8) - Justin that Landspeeder belongs with the rest of your collection. We wont see another for a long time.

I've not bought much in ages, so I now need to thank Justin for making me aware of a version 1 die cast TIE Fighter where the wings slot into the body of the TIE (rather than the other way around). Been collecting TIEs for over 10 years and never knew this. They aren't rare just don't seem to have made it to the UK.

Anyway got a good deal on V1 that came with an upgrade on my DV TIE too.

spoons

Grand Master
coomber75 said:
ohhh let me know re that die cast tie spoons am after one

There are always a few for sale in the States. Just updated the TIE page, which should help you spot one. If I see any others I'll shout!

http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk/the-toys/tie-fighter

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Some of you may remember that awhile back, my parents found a box of old family photos. Within those photos, there were a few that had Star Wars related items in them. The earliest of those images were from my birthday back in 1978. In the background of one is the Star Wars Play-Doh Action Set. I believe that Play-Doh set may have been the first Star Wars toy I ever got.

Since coming across this photo, I've been keeping my eyes open for one to add to my collection. I recently found one that is in pretty good shape considering. The box shows a little bit of wear and the colors have faded a bit, but I like it. It did come with three brand new cans, so I may have to test it out. :)

Play-Doh1.jpg

Photo of me holding Stretch Monster (wish I still had that) with the Play-Doh set in the background.

Play-Doh3.jpg

Love the JC Penny sticker too!

Play-Doh2.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
*Plot twist* The set you've just bought is the exact same one you got rid of from your childhood years ago :eek:

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
palitoyjunky said:
Just so great to have childhood photos with SW 8) I am gutted I only have one :(

V cool play doh set 8)

Thanks man! I am still stoked over my folks finding these photos after all these years.

subzero said:
*Plot twist* The set you've just bought is the exact same one you got rid of from your childhood years ago :eek:

Now wouldn't that be something. :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'm popping this in here... not strictly a latest acquisition as I didn't pay for it, but I also didn't know I owned it, despite it being in my loft for over sixteen and a half years!

Tucked inside an old Star Wars magazine, I found a drawing that I did at Junior school aged about 8 years old (so around 1981)... not exactly Da Vinci, but the memories flooded back instantly!

IMG_3421.PNG

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A real treasure, love the Luke in the Wampa cave.
Great find.
It's all about those memories. :p

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Steve, hand on heart that is the single most brilliant thing I've seen on these pages in ages. That's just amazing. And I absolutely love the fact it's on the old printer paper. My dad used to bring home boxes and boxes of the stuff for us to draw on. I would be very tempted to spend good money on that and get it framed up. You could do it yourself quite reasonably, I think. Just awesome, mate.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Steve, that is truly amazing and weirdly, we would have known each other about the time you drew this!!!

You clearly have skills mate, and I echo Si's comment on this is one of the coolest things to pop up on this thread for a long time.

Epic.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Wow, just wow. Love tge detail in that picture.
Especially loving the tie fighters and doomed AT-ATs with the rope around their legs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom