My book The Star Wars Phenomenon in Britain is available as a pre-order - update with photos.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Grant_C said:
Been fortunate enough to read an early draft of this a few years ago.

This is definitive. An enormous amount of research and detail. As Star Wars collectors, I can guarantee that you will read about things you have never heard of or seen.

I cant wait to see how its evolved. This is essential to any Star Wars fan, and a must have for any Star Wars collector.

Well done Craig, and a massive thank you for a gift that is paramount to logging the early culture of Star Wars. Information that could have been lost forever if it wasn't like pro-active people like yourself.

Thanks Grant. You've been one of the book's great supporters from early on in the process.

I truly appreciate everyone who has posted here to support the book.

subzero

Sith Lord
Believe me i'm not a book person ( I hate books :evil: :lol: ) but I might have to get this, from what everyone is saying it sounds like an amazing book filled full of facts and seems like something i'd be very interested in.

I'll probably place a pre-order this weekend. :)

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Hello Craig. Like myself lots of Vintage Collectors have been eagerly awaiting the publication of your book- a true Labour of Love!! I have some experience with trying to promote a newly published book( mind you it was on a very different topic than Vintage Star Wars toys!!) One of the ways I tried was to take a copy into the bigger bookstores and ask to speak directly to the branch manager. I also rang bookstores directly to achieve an order - with some degree of success! I have emailed Forbidden planet and will speak to the branch manager in Belfast directly as he might have some influence on a National level ( he is well respected within the company). Can't wait to receive the book and I wish you ever success with it!!! Regards Gary.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Thanks for all of the continuing support and advice. It really means a lot.

I'll have to see about a signing at Farthest From. It depends if I get an invite and if I manage to get my hands on any copies of the book. I have a massive photo archive to show and talk through if nothing else.

You might have noticed that I updated my original post in this thread, with extra description of the book and photos. As I said there, I'm looking to keep people guessing as to who is dressed as C-3PO (here in Britain) and where Vader is making his appearance.

The price of the book was set by the publisher and if I had my way it would turn out a bit cheaper. We'll see what happens!

Attachments

• vaderkbooklogoandborder.jpg
    vaderkbooklogoandborder.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 667
  • mysterymanbooklogowithborder2.jpg
    mysterymanbooklogowithborder2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 669

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I'll be buying your book either way but would much rather pick one up in person from you. Not only would it be great to meet you and have a quick chat but I'm all for cutting out the middle man if I can!

Dave Tree used to organise a few talks throughout the day at older farthest froms, it's a bit too busy to do that now but he might be able to resurrect that format for the right guest. Im sure if you did a talk it would be well attended.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Paddy the Jedi said:
Hello Craig. Like myself lots of Vintage Collectors have been eagerly awaiting the publication of your book- a true Labour of Love!! I have some experience with trying to promote a newly published book( mind you it was on a very different topic than Vintage Star Wars toys!!) One of the ways I tried was to take a copy into the bigger bookstores and ask to speak directly to the branch manager. I also rang bookstores directly to achieve an order - with some degree of success! I have emailed Forbidden planet and will speak to the branch manager in Belfast directly as he might have some influence on a National level ( he is well respected within the company). Can't wait to receive the book and I wish you ever success with it!!! Regards Gary.

Thanks Gary for the advice and the offer of help with promoting the book (and everyone else too!). I'm doing everything that I can to bring the book to retailer's attention. Some book sellers demand to see a physical copy so I'll be conducting a second round of promotions when the book is released. I'm also still seeking heavyweight reviewers.

I feel that writing the book was only half the battle!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom