Acrylic vintage blaster display

subzero

Sith Lord
Cool, i'd love to see how this can be taken further and improved :)

The 'pins' idea I think is quite good, iv'e just thought if pins were put into holes in the acrylic you wouldn't need to actually glue them in, if a softer ( than acrylic ) plastic was used to make the pins then they could just be a 'force fit' if the holes were a precise size.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've had a little play around with this tonight and done a crude version just to see what happens. It's not necessarily how I'd arrange the weapons and they're not dead straight but it shows the idea. They stay on well even at an almost vertical angle. You would prob have to make adjustments if your spindle diameter was larger than a pin.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
Oohh that would look nice, I can actually picture it.

Also don't forget about room for identification under each weapon ( if you was to do that ).

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's how I imagined it would look, great work.
But seeing how big a pin looks with those weapons makes me think that 2mm acrylic rod would be far too thick?
I haven't ever tried to cut a pin down, if you could then they could be passed through from the back, and if the hole was tight enough to hold in place it wouldn't need any glue to fix?
Still only brain storming the concept with you.
Makes me want a selection of weapons now...controversial :?
Hope you didn't drink all that Becks tonight :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
That's how I imagined it would look, great work.
But seeing how big a pin looks with those weapons makes me think that 2mm acrylic rod would be far too thick?
I haven't ever tried to cut a pin down, if you could then they could be passed through from the back, and if the hole was tight enough to hold in place it wouldn't need any glue to fix?
Still only brain storming the concept with you.
Makes me want a selection of weapons now...controversial :?
Hope you didn't drink all that Becks tonight :?

Nah I reckon 2mm would be perfect, don't forget they'd be near invisible with being transparent so won't really be that noticeable.

I also reckon a 'push fit' would work without glue, tapped into the holes with a rubber mallet.

Section 8

Sith Lord
This type of display is banned under the EU Health & Safety regulation 629 since this chap had an accident while building one.

Pinhead_07.jpg

Maybe you could just use a mould of his head. :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Section 8 said:
This type of display is banned under the EU Health & Safety regulation 629 since this chap had an accident while building one.

Pinhead_07.jpg

Maybe you could just use a mould of his head. :D
:lol:
You could certainly mount a weapon or two in that head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom