Another reproduction figure hits the market, Amanaman.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
I'm not sure if these have been discussed on here before so if they have apologies for the post.

Yaks and Blue Snags have been around for a while now but this is the first time I've seen a Mikey Amanaman.

I'm not too sure if this is a one off, the description reads as if he has made this himself and his feedback is mainly for reproduction pieces.

I'm tempted to buy this myself to a). Take it out of the market, and b). Have one to hand for comparison purposes so I can see all of the flaws in person in order to spot them in the future so I can educate the unsuspecting and also catch them in the future if they come up for resale. This action however may increase the end price and influence him to create more.

Have these been around before as it's the first I have seen?

Advert description below.

STAR WARS:  Reproduction Amanaman figure.

This is cast from an original figure and made of resin.

There is no articulation at all. No movement in head, arms or legs. It is a solid piece.

The figure has been hand painted to match the original figure as close as possible.   Please be aware of what you are buying if you decide to bid, to avoid disappointment.  Would make a nice addition to a collection if an original one is too expensive. Please note that this does have some minor flaws in the casting - none too serious. This is not a perfect replica but is good.

Comes with a reproduction staff.

See photos and see what you think! 

IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE BUYING, PLEASE DO NOT BID!  I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IF IT IS NOT UP TO EXPECTATIONS.

Low starting price, mainly to cover my materials in making this.

Any questions, please ask.

Overseas buyers :  Postage WILL be higher than advertised (£6.50). Please send me a message before bidding and I will invoice you correct postage. I will combine postage for multiple wins.

[

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-reproduction-vintage-Amanaman-figure-/172825937964?hash=item283d3a882c%3Ag%3AffMAAOSwceNZPY4n&_trkparms=pageci%253A0a407723-8844-11e7-900a-74dbd1803aaa%257Cparentrq%253A10d807fb15e0a99be16dea3bfff87908%257Ciid%253A2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170823-215148.png
    Screenshot_20170823-215148.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,010

Titan78

Padawan
It looks too good, my bet is the winner wont get this one. Takes a pic of the original and sends a fake

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I've seen a Yak Face hidden amongst a lot of figures that wasn't articulated.
This amanaman appears to be an actual figure, you can make put the articulation.

Ive also seen a repro Han carbonite figure & block and heres a repro Barada :evil:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-reproduction-original-vintage-Barada-/172825938645?hash=item283d3a8ad5:g:Y48AAOSwCU1YxE8s

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have seen barada, ev9d9, han solo carbonite, imperial gunner, yak face and amanaman the last couple of months on ebay as repro :evil:

subzero

Sith Lord
I'm suspecting these monstrosities will likely look a lot better as the years go on and production methods/technology improves.

But on the other hand luckily you might never ever get a repro figure that's hard to spot, there's just too many little details on such a large item to get right for a repro to be undetectable, the design, plastics, paint, ( and maybe even the smell ) have to all be 100% matched for it to trick a collector. Even a repro blaster ( as good as some are ) is still easily detectable just because of minute details.

So I think at least in our lifetimes a good repro figure will never be made... hopefully!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes, up to now at least.
As these figures increase in value I suspect that the repos will get better and better, but it is quite difficult to "age" something new.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
laurencedyer said:
I''m tempted to buy this myself to a). Take it out of the market, and b). Have one to hand for comparison purposes so I can see all of the flaws in person in order to spot them in the future so I can educate the unsuspecting and also catch them in the future if they come up for resale. This action however may increase the end price and influence him to create more.
Nobody should buy this crap - for no reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom