Header image

Frank, Please come back to the Forum

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Frank, Please come back to the Forum

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 am

I think it is sad that Frank have left the forum. As I understand, it is because some people is angry at him because he have uncovered a lot of fake baggies. So I started this thread in hope many more members will write some support in it so Frank can see a lot of us want and hope that he will come back to the forum. The forum is for help, sharing and to have fun with each other.

First TT was uncovered, now fake baggies have been uncovered. All real collectors should be happy with that so they do not buy fake items, just like a lot of repro weapons have been uncovered.

So Frank please come back to the forum :wink:

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Frank, Please come back to the Forum

Postby theforceuk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am

Yeah well done Lars, I think Frank will return to the forum at some point. Although I don’t no him, it seems to me that he is going through a ruff time with life in general. We’ve all been in a situation where Star Wars has to take a back seat for a while.

Frank knows he has a lot of support on this forum. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 am

theforceuk wrote:Yeah well done Lars, I think Frank will return to the forum at some point. Although I don’t no him, it seems to me that he is going through a ruff time with life in general. We’ve all been in a situation where Star Wars has to take a back seat for a while.

Frank knows he has a lot of support on this forum. :)

I am glad that you think it is a great idea :D I hope you will not be the only one :wink: :lol: I have talked with frank many times on the forum and he have helped me a lot with some great info about star wars, he is a really great guy :D So I just thought it was sad that he have left the forum because some was angry at him. I did not know he is going to a ruff time with his life, it has been a long time since I last talked with frank :(

I am glad to read, that frank knows he has a lot of support on this forum, so that is also why I hope a lot of members will write some support for him in this thread :D

I also hope frank will see the thread and come back to the forum in the future :wink:

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 am

I dont collect baggies but have followed the fake baggie scandal and Im sad at the treatment Frank received for exposing this. Fakers need to be called out and anyone protecting the interests of this community needs to be thanked IMO. So thank you Lars for giving me this opportunity to do so.

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 pm

I also hope Frank comes back to the Forum. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and respected Forum member and it will be a huge loss if he doesn't return :-(.

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:29 pm

One of the reasons he hasn't been around here is that he has had to deal with moving home and I think may still be in the throes of it, so i'm sure he will still pop in here from time to time.
There is no spoon!

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Frank is going through lots of stuff including a move. I know he was really hit by the baggie scandal, and really by some of the treatment from here and the community.
I hope that Frank will POp back in, as we need as many Franks in life as we can get, his knowledge in regard to baggies his input to the forum and the wider hobby is something we simply cannot afford to lose, and he is a salt of the earth guy and one top fella :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks guys, now we are 6, I hope more members will write some support for frank :D

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:56 am

I didn’t join the forum until well after the baggie scandal and knew little of collectors and the collecting community, if truth be told. But from reading the many threads on here it is clear that Frank is one of the most knowledgeable, well respected and well loved collectors in the hobby.

I have been collecting for a while (slowly mind you) and mostly through eBay. Discovering the forum has been like opening a door to a whole new world, one in which the sense of friendship and community, coupled with knowledge and learning are as important (if not more so), than the toys and other items that we love and collect.

I read the baggiegate threads with much interest. The toys we collect are valuable and where there is money to be made there will always be people who are willing to exploit others to get what they want. Similarly, the toys matter greatly to us and so stir up emotions and divide opinion.

I hope with time Frank will be able to put behind him some of the heat of the moment anger directed towards him and come to realise that there is still so much love in the community for him and the hobby itself. The community misses him and is lesser without him.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 am

So well summed up by Jabbawookie.
I have never spoken to Frank, but it’s obvious that he’s a great knowledgeable guy, with many friends on here that miss his input.
I hope that he can soon find time in his busy life to contribute here again, looking forward to reading his posts.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 am

I know you’re busy buddy but there are a ton of good people on here that would love you back. Good luck with the house hunting.

bosk70
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby bosk70 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Forum's like this rely on the more knowledgeable members to give helpful advice from time to time and as such they should be valued, I've had an interest in star wars most of my life but have nowhere near the level of knowledge demonstrated on here by Frank and others over and over again, it would be a much duller and less fulfilling place without Frank and others like him.
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby MarkG » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 pm

It's very tough to find guys that have a specific area of expertise.

Guys like Frank and his baggies, Jason with the Palitoy and TT side, Gary with Palitoy & Bill McBride with Vader just for starters.

If it wasn't for these guys we'd be stuffed basically as what they have brought to the hobby is priceless.

We need these guys... and the lack of Frank on these boards is leaving a huge gap... please come back... we need you.
Wanted - Instruction sheets and Stormtrooper cardbacks preferably....
Lili Ledy Boxed Speeder Bike

Merrion
Regular
Regular

Postby Merrion » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:12 pm

I endorse the call for franks return .

Anyone who provides information to fellow collectors of potential fakes and can demonstrate as such , warrants a special thanks for providing a vital service to the community.

There is only one way to avoid criticism
Do nothing
Say nothing and
Be nothing.

Frank took a brave path and I salute you for it.

x-wingMark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby x-wingMark » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Hopefully Frank will be posting again once his move is all sorted.
The First Transport is Away!

Deploy the Garrison!

SWFUK Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17775

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”