Header image

Repro Palitoy Deathstar

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar

Postby lejackal » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 am

moosinthehoos wrote:
MarkG wrote:
moosinthehoos wrote:
Wow, really? That seems a little drastic. Imagine if someone said something like that to you?

Cheers

I really couldn't care less to be honest..

I must say that people do rave about your restoration site and have watched a few vids myself.. but you now are showing your true colours and are very much a repro fan..

The problem is an agressive response does nothing to solve the issue that you have. I reviewed the boxes to show a balanced view of their quality after reading all the negative comments given on places likes this. Many people seem to really like them, maybe more than don't like them from what I have seen.

I have original items in my collection, I have repro items where I can't afford to have originals. I also have bits I have made myself. I just enjoy having the toys and don't get hung up on who is right or wrong, or what is the right or wrong way to collect and appreciate toys. So my true colours are that I enjoy collecting toys and can see the merit in all ways of collecting.

Thanks for watching my videos.

Cheers

There is no merit in collecting reproduction shit and you'll not be thanked for promoting it on here.
I don't really have the time or inclination to type anything more eloquent so again, FUCK OFF
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:18 pm

moosinthehoos wrote:For those interested, I reviewed one of Darrens reproduction boxes a while back.
The box is well constructed and printed using a very high quality printer and paper, not an inkjet printer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs60XRtj9GU&t=5s[/youtube]

Check out the video and you can see it close up and all the details.

Cheers

Wow Dave, you're either brave or stupid to want to actively encourage anyone to buy into going repro.

I too have seen these boxes up close and can tell you they are NOT high quality. But my point here is not really the merits of the manufacture, it's the fact you can actually go out and buy the real thing for LESS than the repro version advertised at £125. If you want a complete one with ALL the plastic elements just add another £125!!! It's crazy to think anyone would think this is the best option.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Repro's harm the collecting community much, much more than it benefits, plain & simple, and the benefits to whoever buys them are either minuscule or non existent.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 pm

I remember days long ago that statements promoting shite like this would get you set on fire.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Painting figures and promoting fake shit? Prickinthehoos :roll:

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:40 am

Just to add an additional opinion.

I have seen ormes work close up.

It is awful. It’s printed on paper and glued onto card. The printing is well off. It will age poorly and does not look like the real thing.

He’s breaking copyright law and his product has been used on multiple occasions to deceive.

Your videos have never ranked well in my opinion. I don’t agree with what you do. I feel you really don’t have the collectors community at your heart and are probably quite selfish. I imagine you rubbing your hands together at this thread as you will probably get another 10 self gratifying views on one of your videos.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 am

totally agree!

anyone repainting figures and selling repro boxes are ruining the hobby

Anyone doing so should be banned from the forum