Header image

Current prices for a "minty" loose set

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Current prices for a "minty" loose set

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Good to see you back! It depends what you have missing - the majority of Empire and Jedi figures have barely risen in 25 years, you can still pick most up for around £10-15 with a few exceptions (B-Wing Pilot and Leia Poncho have gone mad due to blaster prices.)

On the other hand prepare to bend over for some of the first 21 and last 17, they have really rocketed. £100+ for a Leia Organa these days :o

ChallengerFox
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby ChallengerFox » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am

Probably at least £5k nowadays if you're talking about a truly mint set.

Luke Stormtrooper, EV9D9, Yak Face and R2 Pop Up are going to be about £1k just for those 4 .

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 pm

welcome back and good luck on your hunt, the deals are still out there, just a bit harder to find.... but i must admit its gone up since I completed my run... 4k :o

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:17 pm

subzero wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:For example I picked up Leia Organa in near mint condition for £58.

Wow that's a great price! 8)

I was just a little bit sick in my mouth.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 pm

It’s a bit like a recession, you talk about it enough you will be in one...if you talk and believe that the prices we see are now normal, then that’s what they will be. :wink:

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Accept a child may have played with their toys and I bet you could do a full run, wth correct weapons, for £3K

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
subzero wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:For example I picked up Leia Organa in near mint condition for £58.

Wow that's a great price! 8)

I was just a little bit sick in my mouth.

:shock: :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 pm

lejackal wrote:Accept a child may have played with their toys and I bet you could do a full run, wth correct weapons, for £3K

Thinking about what you have just posted: do you think that the mint loose figures that we see now where recently removed from cards, or do you believe that these figures were removed by a kid displayed and never played with?

jared007
Regular
Regular

Postby jared007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 am

Mini99 wrote:do you think that the mint loose figures that we see now where recently removed from cards, or do you believe that these figures were removed by a kid displayed and never played with?

It's totally possible they survived in good condition from the start. I still have a few of my original childhood figures, and they are all still really good. I played with them for sure, but just never with the intention of destroying them in the process. I'm glad for that now.
Digital vintage price guide and portfolio system: http://www.starwarstracker.com

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Most kids played with their Star Wars figures, weren't especially careful in keeping them mint, and it shows in their condition today. This isn't criticism of course because they were after all toys that were made to be played with. However, there have always been some children who look after their toys better than others, who both want and like to keep them in perfect condition. I know this because I was one such child. After each time I played with my Star Wars figures, I carefully removed Luke, Vader and Ben's sabers from their arms and stowed them away in my box of weapons (which had a click lid, so they couldn't escape :-)). I never threw my figures around, or got them dirty, or allowed the paint to chip. I never lost a weapon or damaged an accessory.

I know I was unusual in this regard, but I also know I wasn't alone. There are still mint childhood figures to be had out there, even today. I don't doubt there will also be some mint loose figures that have been removed from beater cards much more recently, but don't underestimate the careful kids that grew into adults and are now cashing in.

bosk70
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby bosk70 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

I understand snaketibe I have mentioned this before but I used to put my figures in an old sideboard draw all lined up with the weapons in top trump cases that helped them to survive active duty in really good condition but was guilty of the old chewing the end of the light sabres who hasn't :) but that just adds to the patina :D
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

tundra9
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tundra9 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, also saw Chris' salesthread, should be a fair guide on current prices.

Looking forward to complete my set :)

Cheers
Jorn

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Hey guys how much would a loose mint set of the first 21 figures cost roughly? And if price is extremely high for that then what would be the price of the next best thing? What could you guys consider the next best thing to mint? Lost weapon? Bit of paint rub etc?

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Alltooeasy wrote:Hey guys how much would a loose mint set of the first 21 figures cost roughly? And if price is extremely high for that then what would be the price of the next best thing? What could you guys consider the next best thing to mint? Lost weapon? Bit of paint rub etc?

Carl recently costed out prices for complete loose set in excellent condition
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34972&p=461064&hilit=Complete#p461064

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”