US to UK post.

tigerham

Sith Lord
I have conflicting statements from USPS and Parcelforce. Do I need to worry?

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 19.36.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 19.36.15.png

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I certainly wouldn't worry yet. As long as your delivery is registering somewhere in the tracking systems, it should still be making its way to you. The fact that the USPS and PF website trackers don't agree doesn't exactly amaze me, so I'd give it a few days and hopefully your delivery will be with you... and if you're lucky, hopefully without any import duty! :) If you're unlucky and they do slap on a fee, that will delay delivery by an extra few days, in my experience, but it should still arrive OK.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Thank you Snaketibe.

It just baffles me how a week ago I got something from the same area in the US and it arrived in 4 days and seemed to skip the tracking on the USPS site and went straight to the Parcelforce site. This time's completely different. Talk about inconsistencies. BOTH low value and gift so no charges should apply as they didn't on the first time round.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Looks ok to me. All I think its saying is that its left Heathrow Airport but probably the next destination will be Customs or the Parcelforce depot which will still be around Heathrow just a different area. :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
stratpack said:
Looks ok to me. All I think its saying is that its left Heathrow Airport but probably the next destination will be Customs or the Parcelforce depot which will still be around Heathrow just a different area. :wink:

I hope so. I only ask as I've never encountered this situation before. Things usually go through fine with accurate updates.

tigerham

Sith Lord
I just checked the tracking of the older item and it went through Royal Mail not Parcelforce so not sure if that makes any difference.

Why do some items go through Parcelforce and some through Royal Mail? My first item was larger than the second and would have thought it would have been the other way round for postage.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've long-since given up trying to understand The Royal Mail! You would think that size, weight and or postage method from overseas, would dictate whether PF or RM makes the delivery here in the UK, and perhaps it does! However, I've never fathomed how it works! I still say you have nothing to worry about though, so just give it a little longer.... Patience, Grasshopper! :D

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I've long-since given up trying to understand The Royal Mail! You would think that size, weight and or postage method from overseas, would dictate whether PF or RM makes the delivery here in the UK, and perhaps it does! However, I've never fathomed how it works! I still say you have nothing to worry about though, so just give it a little longer.... Patience, Grasshopper! :D

Lol, patience has always been my weakness. :roll: I am young but I will learn. :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom