Imperial Blaster Colour Question

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TrooperWill said:
i can completely confirm that there was not an imperial commander as i only picked him up recently, and one IG88. its also worth mentioning that the sixteen figures perfectly matched the 17 weapons (greedy IG88 has two remember) that were present and as it was found in my grandmothers house when she died buried under a bed i can confidently say that no-one had played with them since my dad.
Thanks again! Looks like I'm safe doing a bit of mixing and matching with my blue blasters after all! :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Referring to your Boba Fett with blue blaster statement Tantive XI say Boba Fett comes equipped with a blue imperial blaster, though the pics show him with a blue black in hand. I would be interested to know if their statement is a mistake or whether there is evidence that one particular variant was packaged with a blue blaster, after all there is evidence that the Taiwan Fett was packaged with the v5.

http://www.tantivexi.com/t952-le-boba-fett

The guys on Jabba's Palace do a lot of work on variants and accessories. This post on Luke Jedi Snap capes is really interesting as they try to get to the bottom of what goes with what. It's hard to digest it all but somewhere in there is which cape and which weapon comes with what factory.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JabbasCourt/permalink/1991024434555292/

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
More interesting stuff, thank you :)

I have been doing a little searching of my own, and on the excellent trilogo.info site, there is a photo of a carded French 'Tri-logo' Fett (the card is actually a French Jedi card, and the article explains very nicely why it's actually inaccurate to describe such Fetts as 'Tri-logo Fetts', but I digress...):

http://trilogo.info/features/the-real-trilogo-fett/

Now the really interesting thing for me is that the figure is packaged with a blue blaster. I don't want to repost their images without permission, so the image I'm referring to is about halfway down the page. And for added good measure, here is a link straight to it, and it's the middle card, obviously :):

http://trilogo.info/wp-content/gallery/trilogo-fett-gallery/tribobas.jpg

Section 8

Sith Lord
I display my Luke X Wing with an imperial blaster as that's what he had as a child. When I started collecting again I was shocked that this was the wrong weapon. I cannot prove it but I feel my Luke X Wing may have come with an imperial blaster as was quite careful as a kid and wouldn't put him with the wrong weapon.

Saying that, I did end up with an IG88 rifle in my childhood figures box. You may not think that odd, but I never had an IG88 as a kid.

My best friend at the time did as I vividly remember accidentally spinning his IG88's arm off. Unknown to me, the inner part of the arm had stuck tight so while I spun the stiff arm round, I was actually twisting the plastic until it snapped off.

Maybe I deemed a one armed IG88 to not need a 2nd weapon. I was no thief as a kid but this is only place I can imagine it came from.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
My 2 loose Luke Stormies have black blasters and my god, did I have hassle getting those. I always assumed that tri-logos weren't a good measure of a "correct" weapon because there are so many anomalies with other figures but who knows.

I'm not sure they'll ever be a definitive answer unless - like you say - many, many more factory sealed examples come to light. We need a world-wide survey of all Luke Stormtrooper tril-logo MOCs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom