THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 45 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Hi team TVR. Whens the next podcast as I am running out episodes soon! :D
Taff

Sitting recording at this very moment - Simon boring the hell out of me at this time hence why I'm on forum

Taffius

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Taffius said:
Taff

Sitting recording at this very moment - Simon boring the hell out of me at this time hence why I'm on forum

Have you ever considered doing them weekly! :lol: :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Very good episode - thank you guys!

One small segment I particularly liked was the guy who talked through his story of setting a six year goal to collect the run of 12 Backs. He spoke with such integrity and conviction about trying to achieve this relatively humble goal, it was quite inspirational actually.

When it came to the discussion of the Ice Planet Hoth playset and all of you were saying that there were no variants, I was thinking oh dear, they don't know about the big difference on the Canadian version of not having side guns on the AT-ATs.... and then good old Ron Salvatore stepped in to bring the knowledge! (have to say, the new 'Rebel Alliance' experts are a really good addition to the podcast, and provide details and snippets you wont hear anywhere else).

It still surprises me in collecting that a tiny - and frankly pretty uninteresting - variant of a red bar R2 (one little box on a sticker is infilled red), gets so much attention... and yet some pretty big and significant changes, such as we see on the Ice Planet Hoth, are only known about by a handful of collectors! It's good that your podcast goes into detail and hopefully spreads more knowledge to address this. That said - I hope Brian Angel does find his Trilogo Red Bar R2 one day.

Great listen, even Richard's dodgy sound in Norway!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
One small segment I particularly liked was the guy who talked through his story of setting a six year goal to collect the run of 12 Backs. He spoke with such integrity and conviction about trying to achieve this relatively humble goal, it was quite inspirational actually.

Yes I really enjoyed that too, reminded me of my early collecting days as a teenager when it would take me weeks to save up for each MOC. Makes a change from all the millionaires on Facebook boasting about their daily AFA 85 purchases

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Edd, yes for sure. Here is a humble guy that is selling other pieces, using birthdays, going without, to put together enough to add a couple of precious $300-$400 12 backs to his collection each year.

Then today I heard some one blew $30,000 on a single Leia AFA95 MOC at Hakes Auction.

I know which is 'meant' to impress me more, but I also know which one actually does.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I also saw somebody justifying spending nearly 40k on a Rocket Fett because the Hake's one sold for 85k, LOL. That's a different collecting galaxy to my one.

Taffius

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Yes I also saw somebody justifying spending nearly 40k on a Rocket Fett because the Hake's one sold for 85k, LOL. That's a different collecting galaxy to my one.

And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :eek: :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Taffius said:
And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :eek: :shock:

Farthest From is great for collectors of all budgets, I've been before without buying anything just to catch up with everyone :)

Taffius

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Taffius said:

Farthest From is great for collectors of all budgets, I've been before without buying anything just to catch up with everyone :)

Wise words edd! :D

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Taffius said:

I have to agree my first farthest from was April last year and been to them all since and the first time I went I only had £50 to spend and I was very happy with what I picked up. Personally i enjoyed looking at everything again as I had only just started getting back into it after 15 years.

I enjoyed the experience of everything there and walking about having a chat with fellow star wars collectors.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Stubbs said:
edd_jedi said:
Taffius said:

I have to agree my first farthest from was April last year and been to them all since and the first time I went I only had £50 to spend and I was very happy with what I picked up. Personally i enjoyed looking at everything again as I had only just started getting back into it after 15 years.

I enjoyed the experience of everything there and walking about having a chat with fellow star wars collectors.

Thanks Stubbs. That does fill me with hope then. Feel better about going now! :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stubbs said:
edd_jedi said:
Taffius said:

Wise words indeed.
All you need is the £3 to get in, the rest is up to you!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
Taffius said:
Taff

This would explain why you answered the wrong question about half a dozen times last night :p Anyway, I was asleep by then having listened to you moan about being picked on unfairly. Again.

Bobaluga

edd_jedi said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Yes I really enjoyed that too, reminded me of my early collecting days as a teenager when it would take me weeks to save up for each MOC. Makes a change from all the millionaires on Facebook boasting about their daily AFA 85 purchases

Hey guys! This is the Kentucky fellow that was featured, talking about my hunt for the 12 backs.

First and foremost, I sincerely appreciate all of the kind words! It was a tough ride and took a lot of time but worth every second and penny! Since the podcast recording I restarted some of my other 90s based figure collections like TMNT, Power Rangers and Batman.

I just got a shipment of acrylic cases from GW acrylics for my 12 backs that were ungraded to keep them protected. I bought 7 for $125 counting shipping. (US obviously)

I'm new to this site so I will post pictures to the forum as soon as I figure out the upload process!

The entire podcast was great! I've since went back and listened to at least 5 others. Much respect for you guys across the pond!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bobaluga said:
edd_jedi said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Hey guys! This is the Kentucky fellow that was featured, talking about my hunt for the 12 backs.

First and foremost, I sincerely appreciate all of the kind words! It was a tough ride and took a lot of time but worth every second and penny! Since the podcast recording I restarted some of my other 90s based figure collections like TMNT, Power Rangers and Batman.

I just got a shipment of acrylic cases from GW acrylics for my 12 backs that were ungraded to keep them protected. I bought 7 for $125 counting shipping. (US obviously)

I'm new to this site so I will post pictures to the forum as soon as I figure out the upload process!

The entire podcast was great! I've since went back and listened to at least 5 others. Much respect for you guys across the pond!
Thank you very much for sharing your story on how you managed to collect a 12 back run, is was very interesting and heart warming.
I am looking forward to seeing them in thier lovely GW acrylic coffins!

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Taffius said:
edd_jedi said:
Taffius said:

Wise words edd! :D

Your not alone Taff. I'm just looking forward to the whole occasion. And a few souvenirs :?

Bobaluga

Taffius said:
Bobaluga said:

It was a great listen, welcome to the site and cant wait to see the images! :D

Check em out!!!

Attachments

• F38131E5-1D8F-4FC2-A0ED-B34DF31B1771.jpeg
    F38131E5-1D8F-4FC2-A0ED-B34DF31B1771.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 828
  • EC534AD9-4FD4-4E98-B0D0-7131F1018D14.jpeg
    EC534AD9-4FD4-4E98-B0D0-7131F1018D14.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 826
  • 04D11948-CF2F-4960-89F3-223117F7F355.jpeg
    04D11948-CF2F-4960-89F3-223117F7F355.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 825
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom