Anyone notice this about the PBP MOC's...

tigerham

Sith Lord
As I was creating a custom MOC (that doesn't exist) I came across the fact that some PBP MOC's have the 'Palitoy raised logo' and others have the level one...

PBP logos.jpg

Why would they differ the designs from the same country? New figures maybe?!

spoons

Grand Master
Looks like it's done to avoid the character name cropping the heads of the photos

subzero

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Looks like it's done to avoid the character name cropping the heads of the photos

I was wondering why they didn't all just stick to the same printing format, but what you've said makes sense, you can actually see on the raised one that if it was any lower then the name plate would clearly have overlapped the character.

Another thing iv'e just noticed now after you saying that, the black area underneath the logo on the raised one, is that where the logo 'should' have been?, to me it looks like they went over an old logo with black to 'edit' it out and then laid the other one on top higher up?

I have no idea how the printing process goes so I could be completely wrong.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
spoons said:

I was wondering why they didn't all just stick to the same printing format, but what you've said makes sense, you can actually see on the raised one that if it was any lower then the name plate would clearly have overlapped the character.

Another thing iv'e just noticed now after you saying that, the black area underneath the logo on the raised one, is that where the logo 'should' have been?, to me it looks like they went over an old logo with black to 'edit' it out and then laid the other one on top higher up?

I have no idea how the printing process goes so I could be completely wrong.

No, the black 'bar' underneath the logo I think is intentional as it's on all the Palitoy 65bk's A, B and C. Just a different design than the Kenner ones. But, saying that the changed it afterwards on the 65bk D's to the lower logo (not raised or level) like the Kenner ones which were level.

303-201458164915_540x360.jpg

Quite puzzling. I personally don't think it's because of the characters heads being cropped as they can always move around the images as I'm sure they would have had a lot more to play with all sides from a design point of view. Fett had his head cropped in the 65bk D with lower logo...

IMG_2374.jpg

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
All of this is proving how little I understand about cardbacks. :lol:

Trust me, the more I find out the more questions it leads too. Never ending story, lol. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom