Latest Acquisitions

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Whilst we're talking about complete runs, I finally pulled the trigger on a Blue Snaggletooth on eBay the other day, and that completes the full run plus VCJ and Blue Snag which I'm pretty stoked about. Has a bit of paint rub but is a pretty good placeholder until I can afford a mintier one.

The figures are all in storage at the moment, so perhaps it's finally time to invest in a display cabinet. But here's a pic of the ANH, ESB and ROTJ figures. The POTF are somewhere under our bed and inaccessible.

Attachments

• 98598531-0178-493A-8526-E266EFD1B446.jpeg
    98598531-0178-493A-8526-E266EFD1B446.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 639
  • C53EDAD4-8FC3-49CF-8B0E-200AF80FAFC8.jpeg
    C53EDAD4-8FC3-49CF-8B0E-200AF80FAFC8.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 635
  • 87F12B70-77B7-4493-A5BD-470F1CF9F240.jpeg
    87F12B70-77B7-4493-A5BD-470F1CF9F240.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 638

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
TheJabbaWookie said:
Whilst we're talking about complete runs, I finally pulled the trigger on a Blue Snaggletooth on eBay the other day, and that completes the full run plus VCJ and Blue Snag which I'm pretty stoked about. Has a bit of paint rub but is a pretty good placeholder until I can afford a mintier one.

The figures are all in storage at the moment, so perhaps it's finally time to invest in a display cabinet. But here's a pic of the ANH, ESB and ROTJ figures. The POTF are somewhere under our bed and inaccessible.

Congrats!

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:

Oh the fun you're gonna have when it's time to stick them all nicely in the display one at a time. :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
NFS. I've been waiting a long time to take this photo, a complete set of UK large size action figures - Palitoy Luke and Leia, and the others in Denys Fisher boxes, with the radio control and talking R2s for good measure. I've been looking for the Chewie for years, and finally found one last week on eBay.

So pleased to finally put this run together - maybe one day I'll pick up the DF Luke and Leia, Palitoy stickered Fett, and Meccano Ben and Jawa with UK price labels - but I'm not going to hold my breath...

7409F94D-4DCF-4D24-ADF1-039C729FAE5C.jpeg

748029BD-DA0C-43D6-A4E4-146CBCAC3B14.jpeg

C9AD7846-5D66-4AE1-B43D-163C1011AFB5.jpeg

304E8819-E841-4559-8CD0-08D44BD8DD12.jpeg

Wow this is a great focus to see all together like this! Fantastic run of 12" figures all in their boxes, a very nice sight to see and congrats on such an achievement :D

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:

Well done on completing your figure run and that blue Snag doesn't look to shabby at all and I know I'd be really happy with him.

There's a real satisfaction once something you set out do is finally completed, as said the next bit of fun for you will be getting them all out on display.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Well done on completing your figure run and that blue Snag doesn't look to shabby at all and I know I'd be really happy with him.

There's a real satisfaction once something you set out do is finally completed, as said the next bit of fun for you will be getting them all out on display.

Ian
I agree, that Snag is in very good condition, you will have to pay through the nose and wait some time to pick a better one up!
That wouldn't be a place holder in my collection.
Congratulations in completing you full loose run, intresting that you got the VCJ before the blue Snag.
Please post a picture when on display, they will look great.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Oh the fun you're gonna have when it's time to stick them all nicely in the display one at a time. :)
Cheers Rich, I have the vinyl graphic for a bespoke cabinet, now I've just got to save the money up for someone to build me it. Hopefully it'll look like this one.

And originally it wasn't going to have any lighting, but I've seen so many cool displays really well lit, I think I've changed my mind. Oodles of choices to make :D

Attachments

• 4A0B47BE-7677-44FB-96D4-76DCE5C4D42D.jpeg
    4A0B47BE-7677-44FB-96D4-76DCE5C4D42D.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 620

TK-7785

Jedi Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

Someone say 'display cabinet'!? I just posted one for sale in the General Sales section. :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Congratulations in completing you full loose run, intresting that you got the VCJ before the blue Snag.
Only because I hadn't come across a Blue Snag in good enough condition at a price I was comfortable with until now. Picked up the VCJ earlier in the year when one cropped up on FB at a reasonable price. If you had asked me this time last year I wouldn't of thought I'd own either, but this hobby can do strange things to you :lol:

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Every time I jump on this thread, I'm amazed at how many incredible items there are. Keep 'em coming fellas, I really enjoy it.

This isn't the most exciting share by any means, but I've been building my collection of unused Kenner coloring books. I recently completed the U.S. ESB and ROTJ run of books. I had a few of these as a kid, but they are long gone and I wanted to replace them.

I'd like to finish the run of the SW Kenner Canada books. I have two so far (I shared them a month or so ago) and now I'm on the lookout for the other two. Not in a rush, but hopefully patience will pay off down the line. :)

38EB8386-CF84-41D0-93E5-2485CD9148CD.jpeg

544BF698-61E7-499D-A403-3D5C02392F91.jpeg

35FC36B1-6F4F-46B9-AE66-E4EB544EAA80.jpeg

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
subzero said:
Cheers Rich, I have the vinyl graphic for a bespoke cabinet, now I've just got to save the money up for someone to build me it. Hopefully it'll look like this one.

And originally it wasn't going to have any lighting, but I've seen so many cool displays really well lit, I think I've changed my mind. Oodles of choices to make :D

Looks amazing that does, iv'e seen those same ones being made as commissions on facebook a while ago.

It's never the same without lighting, when I ordered my Ikea Detolf glass cabinet I originally thought it would look good anyway without any but decided to buy the LED anyway just for the sake of an extra fiver in case it looked better, so glad I did it now it really does look miles better.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Every time I jump on this thread, I'm amazed at how many incredible items there are. Keep 'em coming fellas, I really enjoy it.

This isn't the most exciting share by any means, but I've been building my collection of unused Kenner coloring books. I recently completed the U.S. ESB and ROTJ run of books. I had a few of these as a kid, but they are long gone and I wanted to replace them.

I'd like to finish the run of the SW Kenner Canada books. I have two so far (I shared them a month or so ago) and now I'm on the lookout for the other two. Not in a rush, but hopefully patience will pay off down the line. :)

love seeing these slightly different focuses that people put together so thanks for sharing Jason and good luck with get the ones you're after. They look cracking altogether like that and really nice condition as well.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Seahawks said:

I never seen any of these, so thanks for sharing.
The RoTJ ones look so vibrant, could be new, fantastic condition.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
AndyPreston said:
NFS. I've been waiting a long time to take this photo, a complete set of UK large size action figures - Palitoy Luke and Leia, and the others in Denys Fisher boxes, with the radio control and talking R2s for good measure. I've been looking for the Chewie for years, and finally found one last week on eBay.

So pleased to finally put this run together - maybe one day I'll pick up the DF Luke and Leia, Palitoy stickered Fett, and Meccano Ben and Jawa with UK price labels - but I'm not going to hold my breath...

7409F94D-4DCF-4D24-ADF1-039C729FAE5C.jpeg

748029BD-DA0C-43D6-A4E4-146CBCAC3B14.jpeg

C9AD7846-5D66-4AE1-B43D-163C1011AFB5.jpeg

304E8819-E841-4559-8CD0-08D44BD8DD12.jpeg
A great achievement, they look amazing when photographed as a group.
I would be happy with the R2, Jawa and the Stormtrooper let alone the rest.
Congratulations

Latest posts

Top Bottom