WATCH OUT THREAD – ANOTHER FAKE ITEM DISCOVERED

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
I absoloutely agree that the other side should be heard, and that for one moment was never in question and to his credit Frank has said the same thing

I will re iterate my point once more though, just to be clear, as why's, wherefores and maybes are not the issue here, the fact that it's fake IS.
Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we deal with the mistake that is the measure of the man we are.

The
fact that the sellers response was caveat emptor " tough mate" was what I was getting at and shows extremely poor form, the facts were my point and as such reason does not come into it at that juncture, hence my point that autopsies come after, but do the decent thing and refund. It is just not fair for anyone to just put forward caveat emptor, irrespective of who they are or their reputation.
If it was me I would refund, I'm sure if it was Frank he would refund, and I'm sure if it was you, you would also refund.

Frank has done the right thing in putting the fact that these fakes are out there, yet again protecting others in the community fro making a mistake.

Mr-shifter said:
Michael Sith said:
Proven fake....won't refund...what's to be perturbed about?

It's not about the person, their reputation, or people's experiences whether friends or acquaintances etc it's a fake, needs to be refunded, autopsies.can come afterwards IMO.

Facts and reputations should not be blurred, opinions, conjecture, hearsay, etc are not the points of fact, if the item is fake that's the point of fact. It's very poor form to put forward caveat emptor, or translated "tough mate" surely that in itself severely damages a reputation.

If it was me, I would say " really sorry, looks like I've been duped in the first instance I will sort it with you"

Just my opinion

Michael, you surprise me.

Whilst I don't disagree with what you say, it very much surprises me that as the forums usual voice of reason, that you wouldn't like to hear the other side of the story, because there is always a different perspective or opinion. Who knows, maybe even fact.

I am not for one second suggesting that what frank is saying is not damning, but unlike most of the rest of this thread I do not feel in a position to pass judgement until I have heard from all of the parties concerned, just as any fair court in the country.

This thread started as a watch out thread about more fakes in the mailer world, and has quickly decended into a witch hunt.

None of you know all of what has happened here, because Marc hasnt given his account. I don't know, but I would like to know why Marc won't give a refund before deciding what I think of him, as I have known him personally for a while and this is very out of character. None of you have met him, spent time with him, yet so quick to judge without all the facts. Shame on you all.

Frank, I sincerely hope you and Marc can sort this out. It doesn't really have anything to do with anyone else and I hate seeing friends fall out with each other. There has been far too much of this recently in what is in reality a very small community.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Michael Sith said:
I absoloutely agree that the other side should be heard, and that for one moment was never in question and to his credit Frank has said the same thing

I will re iterate my point once more though, just to be clear, as why's, wherefores and maybes are not the issue here, the fact that it's fake IS.
Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we deal with the mistake that is the measure of the man we are.

The
fact that the sellers response was caveat emptor " tough mate" was what I was getting at and shows extremely poor form, the facts were my point and as such reason does not come into it at that juncture, hence my point that autopsies come after, but do the decent thing and refund. It is just not fair for anyone to just put forward caveat emptor, irrespective of who they are or their reputation.
If it was me I would refund, I'm sure if it was Frank he would refund, and I'm sure if it was you, you would also refund.

Frank has done the right thing in putting the fact that these fakes are out there, yet again protecting others in the community fro making a mistake.

Mr-shifter said:
Michael, you surprise me.

Whilst I don't disagree with what you say, it very much surprises me that as the forums usual voice of reason, that you wouldn't like to hear the other side of the story, because there is always a different perspective or opinion. Who knows, maybe even fact.

I am not for one second suggesting that what frank is saying is not damning, but unlike most of the rest of this thread I do not feel in a position to pass judgement until I have heard from all of the parties concerned, just as any fair court in the country.

This thread started as a watch out thread about more fakes in the mailer world, and has quickly decended into a witch hunt.

None of you know all of what has happened here, because Marc hasnt given his account. I don't know, but I would like to know why Marc won't give a refund before deciding what I think of him, as I have known him personally for a while and this is very out of character. None of you have met him, spent time with him, yet so quick to judge without all the facts. Shame on you all.

Frank, I sincerely hope you and Marc can sort this out. It doesn't really have anything to do with anyone else and I hate seeing friends fall out with each other. There has been far too much of this recently in what is in reality a very small community.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
It would seem that Jeff has a new way off offloading all his previously fake baggies on jabbas vintage auction group on facebook & Marc is helping with that IMO, I have put my thoughts on the thread here & if anyone is interested I can provide detailed images to confirm this.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32649&start=315

lejackal

Grand Master
slim said:
Post images Frank , I am buying baggies at the minute and and would like to add these images to my fakes list ?
It's not baggies for sale, it's figures that have been removed from fake baggies and subsequently graded

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom