THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 51 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Listening now, only about half way through but I'm surprised there was no mention of Laurence's Palitoy multi pack research in the news section.

TheJabbaWookie said:
Is that the same with the s**tstorm surrounding CAS and the grading Repro poll?

Both of these have happened after our recording, you need to consider that these are recorded up to three weeks before release and a show is normally planned a fortnight before that, we certainly wouldn't over look either topic and with regards to baggies franks 2-pack information will fit perfectly alongside Laurence's thread so we can cover as a whole topic. With regards to the CAS debarcle i think that happened after the release so find it a strange request how it could possibly be included, we will be delving into these topics on episode 52 for sure.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
Both of these have happened after our recording, you need to consider that these are recorded up to three weeks before release and a show is normally planned a fortnight before that, we certainly wouldn't over look either topic and with regards to baggies franks 2-pack information will fit perfectly alongside Laurence's thread so we can cover as a whole topic. With regards to the CAS debarcle i think that happened after the release so find it a strange request how it could possibly be included, we will be delving into these topics on episode 52 for sure.

Thanks for clearing that up Stu. I appreciate as an independent podcast you need to get the balance right between covering these issues and remaining neutral, but I do firmly believe that they need to be raised on as many platforms as possible to help raise awareness of possible fakes and fraudulent activity within the hobby.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Another fantastic episode. Once again I feel the need to big up Pete's Star Wars Tracker top 5. It cheers me up no end - especially after a fairly negative month in the hobby.
Just another thing - all the best to Jez. Stay safe over there mate.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Sorry Stu. There's so many issues arising in the hobby at the moment I just couldn't recall when it had happened. It already feels like so long ago because there was a flare up on Jabba's to do with Jeff's baggies again.

No biggie mate was just trying to explain how in advance shows are made, there's no way we'll avoid these topics. Septembers show will be a mind ****, what a month it's been

Secret Santa

Jedi Knight
I'd better get a bloody mention Stu, you've already got some work to do to get on the good boys list.....

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks for all of the great feedback lads. The podcast really is a passion of ours and we do take all feedback on board. The podcast has evolved over the years based on listener feedback and we change based on what works and what doesn't so please keep up your honest appraisals. Thank you.

AS we said in this episode, the September episode will be out late this month. Hopefully by the 30th. This is due to me having to go away with work for 6 months so i need some time to settle in. We're going to try to start recording next week however with a 3.5 hour time difference recording a normal show will be a bigger challenge than usual. We all can't wait to get back on it again.

Personally thanks to you all for the comments below:

Scarifpacific said:
...Just another thing - all the best to Jez. Stay safe over there mate.

Thank you :)

Darth Bobby said:
Firstly, best wishes to Jez off on his adventures, all the best mate. Take care over there. Hoping there's a good enough signal so you can still dial in.

Thanks very much. We've had a signal test and it's just about workable.

AndyPreston said:
Great listen as always chaps, thank you. I must confess I was concerned hearing that one of the topics in Rebel Briefings was shorter podcasts, so it was good to hear that it's only Jez's absence that will affect my listening pleasure over the next few months! All the best over there Jez and hopefully we can still hear your dulcet tones from time to time.

Thanks Andy mate

spoons said:
...hope Jez isn't missed too much and hope to hear the sounds of helicopters and explosions for Jez's phone in pieces, your now foreign correspondant

I can't guarantee you won't hear helicopters etc but hopefully no explosions. To be honest i can't guarantee that either.

TK-7785 said:
Jez. Best of luck when you get shipped (flown) out. Stay safe and looking forward to your return to the podcast ASAP.
Chris

Thanks very much dude.

Palifan said:
It's also going to be a loss possibly not having Jez around for a while so I wish him a very safe time away (tour of duty?) and hopefully he will be able to drop in from time to time (always nice to hear his soothing tones).

Thanks Ian.

Thanks for all of your well wishes :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I can't guarantee you won't hear helicopters etc but hopefully no explosions. To be honest i can't guarantee that either.
:lol:
Stay safe, thinking of you, look after yourself.
See you at the Spring FF?
Nick

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Sorry Stu. There's so many issues arising in the hobby at the moment I just couldn't recall when it had happened. It already feels like so long ago because there was a flare up on Jabba's to do with Jeff's baggies again.

No biggie mate was just trying to explain how in advance shows are made, there's no way we'll avoid these topics. Septembers show will be a mind ****, what a month it's been
Thanks Stu. Keep up the stellar work. Really looking forward to the next episode. I've run out of episodes now and have had to turn to the Chive Cast for inspiration, which is great, but just isn't quite the same.

All the best Jez. Stay safe.

spoons

Grand Master
Jez said:

Stay safe indeed Jez

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Stuart Skinner said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks Stu. Keep up the stellar work. Really looking forward to the next episode. I've run out of episodes now and have had to turn to the Chive Cast for inspiration, which is great, but just isn't quite the same.

I've exhausted the Chive Cast as well, now moved on to "The Toy Run".
I don't collect modern, but find it really interesting, I would really recommend it if your not a regular.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Stuart Skinner said:

I've exhausted the Chive Cast as well, now moved on to "The Toy Run".
I don't collect modern, but find it really interesting, I would really recommend it if your not a regular.

I'm a big fan of Toy Run as well :D

wicky0570

Padawan
Having just recently got into collecting and joining this forum, the podcast was recommended to me for info.

Have just listened to the latest episode, and would like to say how impressed I was with the production and content. It was interesting and made me smile. Top job lads, keep up the good work and good luck for your trip overseas.

I have subscribed and will definitely be listening again, in fact, I am going to try and listen to previous episodes in the car when driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom