I didnt know this...

MightyMike

Padawan
The gun is new one on me (I think I used to do the helmet thing, but had forgotten it)

The gun has always frustrated as it never stays in her hand very well, and my little one has started to use the Boushh figures as target practice for her flying unicorns...

Leia.JPG

MightyMike

Padawan
Just tried the Han Hoth - fantastic!! I think I've had a good day at work already (and maybe I should go back to bed to ensure it doesn't get any worse)

Han.JPG

Taffius

Sith Lord
MightyMike said:
The gun is new one on me (I think I used to do the helmet thing, but had forgotten it)

The gun has always frustrated as it never stays in her hand very well, and my little one has started to use the Boushh figures as target practice for her flying unicorns...

Leia.JPG

Excellent. Another one trying it! :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
The fact that Luke X Wing has a visor, not black hair was a revelation in adulthood

Yes I always thought I had Wedge as a kid, I was sure Luke with blonde/brown hair was out there!

subzero

Sith Lord
That's a cool feature for Han Hoth, was that intentionally made or just a coincidence?

MightyMike

Padawan
subzero said:
That's a cool feature for Han Hoth, was that intentionally made or just a coincidence?

Depends on what you mean by intentional, I didn't intentionally make the buttons on a control panel in an Alfa Romeo the same size as a shirt button but they are

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
I don't have a definitive answer (hopefully someone else here might though), however I can't see why the loop is present on his holster unless it was intended to be for holding his blaster. If it wasn't intentional, it's a hell of a lucky coincidence, but I suppose that's possible :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
subzero said:
I don't have a definitive answer (hopefully someone else here might though), however I can't see why the loop is present on his holster unless it was intended to be for holding his blaster. If it wasn't intentional, it's a hell of a lucky coincidence, but I suppose that's possible :)
Do you not think that more would have been made of the feature back in the day, if it was intended to hold the blaster?
I have never seen anything on a card, advertisement or catalog, has anyone?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
subzero said:
Do you not think that more would have been made of the feature back in the day, if it was intended to hold the blaster?
I have never seen anything on a card, advertisement or catalog, has anyone?
You may well be right, but I keep going back to why on earth Kenner would put the loop on his holster if it wasn't intended for the blaster. Either it's a weird stylistic flourish not to be found on any of the other figures, or it's an Easter egg action feature not to be found on any of the other figures! Either way, it's unique and odd (I'm discounting the Leia and Luke Endor figures as their holsters were part of their removable belts). :D

spoons

Grand Master
The Han Hoth holster is a good feature but DON'T USE IT!

The plastic is a lot more brittle these days than in the 1980s, and a few of my holsters split from having the gun stored there.

I display with gun in hand now

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
The Han Hoth holster is a good feature but DON'T USE IT!

The plastic is a lot more brittle these days than in the 1980s, and a few of my holsters split from having the gun stored there.

I display with gun in hand now
Thanks for the warning. I've been aware of the holster's feature for some time, but luckily I always display my figures holding their weapons, so this hasn't affected me, but it's clearly a very important message to spread for other collectors to prevent damage to their figures, so thanks again.

subzero

Sith Lord
MightyMike said:
subzero said:

Depends on what you mean by intentional, I didn't intentionally make the buttons on a control panel in an Alfa Romeo the same size as a shirt button but they are

Soo, coincidence then? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom