Latest Acquisitions

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Not entirely a wholly new acquisition.....but the lovely 3PO from Iain finally allows me to get my first 12 stand back on display.

IMG_20181111_201027.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
Not entirely a wholly new acquisition.....but the lovely 3PO from Iain finally allows me to get my first 12 stand back on display.

IMG_20181111_201027.jpg

Stunning Rob 8) 8) 8)

Vintageviewport

Padawan
Added some more card backs to my Rebel Commando focus. Always hunting card back variations, price stickers, coin offers, etc

Attachments

• 5AD0F2B5-7BCB-47C3-86CD-7078F309ACD4.jpeg
    5AD0F2B5-7BCB-47C3-86CD-7078F309ACD4.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 1,302
  • 459383B6-C5BA-4C0E-A8E5-458348341790.jpeg
    459383B6-C5BA-4C0E-A8E5-458348341790.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,305

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Stuart Skinner said:
Seahawks said:
Call me crazy, but I recently got my hands on this 1950's swivel top vacuum and it still works like a champ even though it's over 60 years old. (Insert rant about how they don't make stuff like they used to). I'm sure my fellow geeks know exactly where this comes from.

For those that don't know yet, this is the same model of vacuum that was used for Artie Deco in Hardware Wars. Given it's very pink color, It could easily pass as Artie's girlfriend in Hardware Wars 2.

After researching colors a bit, I tracked down the appropriate paint for this project. So far it's coming along pretty well (though this paint runs way too easily and had to sand it down a couple times). Not perfect, but neither was the original so I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

If I was smart enough with electronics (which I am not), I would love to make this bad boy remote controlled at some point.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I bloody love you
Loving this acquisition

Palifan said:
Well this going almost about as for as you can go with SW :lol:

I love your dedication to the hobby Jason and it does look amazing so I salute you sir!

It's going to be hard for you to top this but I can't wait to see what you have next for us all to enjoy. Fantastic work and a great idea. :D

Ian

Thanks Stu and Ian, however I fear I've taken my collecting too far. I freaking love Hardware Wars though and I can't afford to build my own R2-D2, so was able to justify this in my mind somehow. I may need to seek professional help. :)

stormcab

Sith Lord
Thoughts. Recent win on eBay. Paid 1/10th what a complete one sold for on SWFUK a little while ago, so saw this is a bargain and only way I'll ever afford one. The seller had attached a printed nameplate so it displays a little better, but I personally don't like that. My idea is to either display it as it is, or buy Dengar backing card only, and slide it in behind in an acrylic case. What would you do?

Attachments

• 12EDE2AF-2CC5-48DB-8241-F29695D19CA2.jpeg
    12EDE2AF-2CC5-48DB-8241-F29695D19CA2.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • EF74A6A8-26E8-4577-8BDF-BC3444B06F02.jpeg
    EF74A6A8-26E8-4577-8BDF-BC3444B06F02.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,237

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Very nice

I'd display it as it is, its a good bit of history with the name plate cut out.

If after a while you don't like it, try it with a dengar name plate/or card behind it.

I wonder what 'bounty hunter' they got in the mail in offer?

stormcab said:
Thoughts. Recent win on eBay. Paid 1/10th what a complete one sold for on SWFUK a little while ago, so saw this is a bargain and only way I'll ever afford one. The seller had attached a printed nameplate so it displays a little better, but I personally don't like that. My idea is to either display it as it is, or buy Dengar backing card only, and slide it in behind in an acrylic case. What would you do?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
stormcab said:
I would buy a card and slide it behind when in a case.
I've done the same thing myself, looks so much better.
But I suspect that there will be collectors in both camps.
Nice pickup by the way!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cool Dengar, for a great price as well! Surprising how good It looks with the printed name plate. I draw the line at name plates removed on a MOC, although if a POTF Anakin came up with name plate removed I would probably change my mind. :lol:

Not sure I like the idea of sliding a card in behind it, I would probably leave as is.

stormcab

Sith Lord
stormcab said:

paulcalf said:
Very nice

I'd display it as it is, its a good bit of history with the name plate cut out.

If after a while you don't like it, try it with a dengar name plate/or card behind it.

I wonder what 'bounty hunter' they got in the mail in offer?

Mini99 said:
I would buy a card and slide it behind when in a case.
I've done the same thing myself, looks so much better.
But I suspect that there will be collectors in both camps.
Nice pickup by the way!

theforceuk said:
Cool Dengar, for a great price as well! Surprising how good It looks with the printed name plate. I draw the line at name plates removed on a MOC, although if a POTF Anakin came up with name plate removed I would probably change my mind. :lol:

Not sure I like the idea of sliding a card in behind it, I would probably leave as is.

I thought it was a proper bargain. A complete one with ink touch ups went for £1400 didn't it. This is sealed. The figure & bubble would grade C8 for sure. We're all vintage hunters, and I would not be comfortable looking at it and knowing that name plate came out of someone's printer. At the same time, being honest, it does slightly bug me to look at it and see straight through. My eyes keep being drawn to it. I think I will definitely keep an eye out and if a backing card shows up for the right price, then I will definitely go for it. I checked on eBay and last one went for £32. If I could get something for around £15-20.

Palifan

Sith Lord
stormcab said:

For me I would buy a tatty damaged card back with complete nameplate and cut the namplate out with a scalpel and remove the final bit of nameplate from yours and pop it in there. I've done this before with great results and feel as long as the cardback that you cut the nameplate from isn't mint (there are plenty out there that are really badly damaged), I don't see the problem personally.

Of course it's each to their own with this sort of thing so you should do what you feel is right for you and putting the whole cardback behind yours is a way of not messing with anything.

Great find though :D

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Super find :)

Looks brilliant, it's really up to you how you deal with the cut nameplate, what's right for you like you say, if it really bugs you Ian s idea is fine with a badly damaged cardback ( as you cutting the nameplate is only a few years too late, and you are completing a card with authentic nameplate)

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
I haven't added a figure to my loose vintage collection for a long time. Here's a recently acquired Takara alternate sculpt C-3PO partnered up with my wind-up R2-D2.

44951702265_4c7da93760_c.jpg

stormcab

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
For me I would buy a tatty damaged card back with complete nameplate and cut the namplate out with a scalpel and remove the final bit of nameplate from yours and pop it in there. I've done this before with great results and feel as long as the cardback that you cut the nameplate from isn't mint (there are plenty out there that are really badly damaged), I don't see the problem personally.

Of course it's each to their own with this sort of thing so you should do what you feel is right for you and putting the whole cardback behind yours is a way of not messing with anything.

Great find though :D

Ian

Michael Sith said:
Super find :)

Looks brilliant, it's really up to you how you deal with the cut nameplate, what's right for you like you say, if it really bugs you Ian s idea is fine with a badly damaged cardback ( as you cutting the nameplate is only a few years too late, and you are completing a card with authentic nameplate)

Good call guys, I think I will actually do that. I'll get a sharp scalpel and make the hole cleaner, then cut the nameplate out of a cardback. If done well it will look awesome.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dr_Ball_MD said:
I haven't added a figure to my loose vintage collection for a long time. Here's a recently acquired Takara alternate sculpt C-3PO partnered up with my wind-up R2-D2.

44951702265_4c7da93760_c.jpg

That's a lovely set of droids you have there. Two that I would love in my collection so thanks for sharing :D

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom