Rocket Firing Boba Fett

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Following this on the 12 Back group, sounds like a number of people think $185K is a reasonable amount for this one in this condition. :shock:

And to think you could of bought one for a tenth of the price 10 years ago. That's one heck of a rate of interest return. One day we might all be sayin*remember when you could get one of those for $185K. :lol:

The very first £1million Star Wars figure one day in the future? :shock:

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Following this on the 12 Back group, sounds like a number of people think $185K is a reasonable amount for this one in this condition. :shock:

And to think you could of bought one for a tenth of the price 10 years ago. That's one heck of a rate of interest return. One day we might all be sayin*remember when you could get one of those for $185K. :lol:

$185k is reasonable if you have big money invested in the hobby that you can release quickly, which a few of the US based collectors and investors have. Some of the collectors who might seriously consider this could offer trade material that only cost them dollars that is now worth thousands, so it's all relative. If you are buying with money earned itself from the hobby it's less risky, plus this probably won't go down in value in the next 10 years. It'll likely be flipped again at $250k in 2-3 years time.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Mini99 said:
Why does someone need to go through a broker for this type of item?

I don't get this either. It's 2018, sell it yourself. I can kind of understand why people pay a premium for buying from people like Tom Derby, who have incredible knowledge which adds credibility to pieces when they authenticate them. These 'brokers' are just parasites who contribute nothing.

Could also be to protect the privacy of the seller. Is it from a black hole collection that doesn't want the attention?

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I agree if you can afford that kind of figure it's a decent investment because in a few years it probably would be about a million, no different really than that Batman or Superman comic that sold for a few million.

grinchy

Sith Lord
damn that's a ton of money, my house isn't worth that!, i'm glad I have my poon version, looks good on the shelf works for me :lol:

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
It's a grail piece alright, but does anyone else think it looks a bit crap mounted in acrylic alongside the COA? If I owned a piece like that I might well have it cased, but I would want attention focussed on the figure, not the giant piece of paper alongside.

lejackal

Grand Master
AndyPreston said:
It's a grail piece alright, but does anyone else think it looks a bit crap mounted in acrylic alongside the COA? If I owned a piece like that I might well have it cased, but I would want attention focussed on the figure, not the giant piece of paper alongside.
Couldn't agree more, this should have a case with a small, museum style plaque briefly explaining what it is and any pointless COA that's worth less than a few sheets of Andrex in with any other associated paperwork

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
If I owned a RFF I'd want to be able to handle it (even if it was very very gingerly).

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Someone's just posted another one for 100k on Facebook. These "holy grails" seem to come up for sale every week! If there are 80+ of them, I can think of many rarer production pieces that sell for 1/100th of the price. Rich fools and their money...

maxf

Jedi Master
Are they actually selling though? The hakes one went for 86k and they are famed for crazy pricing. I can't help but think these sellers are chancing their arm. It doesn't help when well known owners are blatantly backing up the prices, although whether they'd pay that much who knows.

Perhaps I'm just a bit bitter at what our hobby has become.

Also, don't believe everything you see about being rich. Of course there are very rich collectors, but we've also seen all kinds of amazing collections purchased through dodgy dealing or even downright illegal practices. Furthermore it's completely legit to withdraw funds from your pension in the US as a loan to invest with... I'd wager that's where a lot of these big purchases come from. Whether that's a shrewd long term move or just short term fun remains to be seen.

olisuds

Sith Lord
How did the price of these jump to $185k so quickly?

I really can't see any justification for that price.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Of course there is no justification, but if it sells even at 50% it's set a new record. If it doesn't sell the owner is shielded from any negativity by ZT's shiny ego and back into the collection it goes.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Apparently it sold for 145k on a 12 month payment plan. Surely if you need a payment plan for a non-essential item that expensive, you can't afford it. Buying a house or car on credit is one thing, but a 100k toy is just plan stupid.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Totally agree Edd, ridiculous. Perhaps the buyer has a seller already lined up and is going to flip it. :?

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Apparently it sold for 145k on a 12 month payment plan. Surely if you need a payment plan for a non-essential item that expensive, you can't afford it. Buying a house or car on credit is one thing, but a 100k toy is just plan stupid.
If they truly are appreciating at 30-50% s year it could actually be a good investment. And now I've typed that I feel a little bit sick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom