Header image

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TK423
New User
New User

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby TK423 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Here's my official presentation.

Name: David
Residence: Paris, France
Born : Beverley, Humberside
Kids: 2 Boys
Pets: Small Black dog named Sam

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :-)

Cheers,
David

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Taffius wrote:Known as: Taff
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff

Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 pm

TK423 wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :-)

Cheers,
David

Welcome David and all recent joiners. Its a great place to be for SW figure goodness. :D

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Taffius wrote:Welcome. Been here nearly a year and its truly a great place to be. :D

Jedi Master 8)

Nice one Taff :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 pm

TK423 wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Cheers,
David

Welcome David :D
Russ

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:13 am

Taffius wrote:

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff

Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:

Do you look back on this and reflect how your collecting has evolved?

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Taffius wrote:

Taff

Do you look back on this and reflect how your collecting has evolved?

Mini I did! Flip flop comes to mind. :D

Nottsey
New User
New User

Postby Nottsey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 am

Hi, thought it was about time I properly introduced myself.

Name: Sophie
Residence: South Wales
Kids: 2
Pets: Cat

I recently brought my 'toys' out of retirement to show the kids. Was really pleased at how good they still looked...especially when I compare them to the toys my kids play with today. :roll: I could never sell all of my collection but am looking to sell a few figures and then look at buying some pieces with an Empire Strikes Back focus as thats my favourite film.

Have really liked how people are willing to share advice/knowledge on here. :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Welcome Carlos, Paul, David and Sophie to the forum :D

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Welcome David and Sophie. Its THE only forum to be and an awesome place for knowledge and advice.

Enjoy. :D

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Nottsey wrote:Hi, thought it was about time I properly introduced myself.

Name: Sophie
Residence: South Wales
Kids: 2
Pets: Cat

I recently brought my 'toys' out of retirement to show the kids. Was really pleased at how good they still looked...especially when I compare them to the toys my kids play with today. :roll: I could never sell all of my collection but am looking to sell a few figures and then look at buying some pieces with an Empire Strikes Back focus as thats my favourite film.

Have really liked how people are willing to share advice/knowledge on here. :D

Welcome to the forum Sophie 8)
Russ

s1d0w
New User
New User

Postby s1d0w » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello all,
My first post, so I should introduce myself:
Name: Simon
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Residence: New Forest
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Looking forward to chat and advice from fellow forum members.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 pm

s1d0w wrote:Hello all,
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Welcome Simon, you really couldn’t live in a better place for the best vintage show in the UK, and it’s a lovely place to live as well. :D
If you haven’t yet get yourself to “Farthest From” in Fordingbridge, can’t recommend it enough.
Enjoy your time here.

s1d0w
New User
New User

Postby s1d0w » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Mini99 wrote:Welcome Simon, you really couldn’t live in a better place for the best vintage show in the UK, and it’s a lovely place to live as well. :D
If you haven’t yet get yourself to “Farthest From” in Fordingbridge, can’t recommend it enough.
Enjoy your time here.

Thank you. Visited Farthest From on Sunday and had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 pm

s1d0w wrote:Hello all,

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum mate, lots of nice people on here :D
Russ

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”