Header image

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TK423
New User
New User
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby TK423 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Here's my official presentation.

Name: David
Age: 42
Residence: Paris, France
Born : Beverley, Humberside
Occupation: Sales
Kids: 2 Boys
Pets: Small Black dog named Sam

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :-)

Cheers,
David

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1059
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Taffius wrote:Known as: Taff
Age: 46
Occupation: Cyber
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff


Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1059
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 pm

TK423 wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Here's my official presentation.

Name: David
Age: 42
Residence: Paris, France
Born : Beverley, Humberside
Occupation: Sales
Kids: 2 Boys
Pets: Small Black dog named Sam

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :-)

Cheers,
David


Welcome David and all recent joiners. Its a great place to be for SW figure goodness. :D

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Taffius wrote:Welcome. Been here nearly a year and its truly a great place to be. :D


Jedi Master 8)

Nice one Taff :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 pm

TK423 wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Here's my official presentation.

Name: David
Age: 42
Residence: Paris, France
Born : Beverley, Humberside
Occupation: Sales
Kids: 2 Boys
Pets: Small Black dog named Sam

I got into re-collecting Star Wars figures and ships a few months back having owned quite a lot of stuff when I was a kid in the early to mid-eighties. I sold it all off (including a Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker) for about 30 or 40 quid when I was a teenager except for the Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder and a Y-Wing > All boxed.

I've recently acquired quite a few figures as well as a nice AT-ST with original stickers an' all :-)

Cheers,
David


Welcome David :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Mini99 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:13 am

Taffius wrote:
Taffius wrote:Known as: Taff
Age: 46
Occupation: Cyber
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff


Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:

Do you look back on this and reflect how your collecting has evolved?

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1059
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Taffius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Taffius wrote:
Taffius wrote:Known as: Taff
Age: 46
Occupation: Cyber
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff


Well its nearly been a year since restarting my collection and today I become a forum Jedi Master. My Christmas is complete! :lol:

Do you look back on this and reflect how your collecting has evolved?


Mini I did! Flip flop comes to mind. :D

Nottsey
New User
New User
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Nottsey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 am

Hi, thought it was about time I properly introduced myself.

Name: Sophie
Age: 43
Residence: South Wales
Occupation: NHS
Kids: 2
Pets: Cat

I recently brought my 'toys' out of retirement to show the kids. Was really pleased at how good they still looked...especially when I compare them to the toys my kids play with today. :roll: I could never sell all of my collection but am looking to sell a few figures and then look at buying some pieces with an Empire Strikes Back focus as thats my favourite film.

Have really liked how people are willing to share advice/knowledge on here. :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10509
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Welcome Carlos, Paul, David and Sophie to the forum :D

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1059
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Taffius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Welcome David and Sophie. Its THE only forum to be and an awesome place for knowledge and advice.

Enjoy. :D

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Nottsey wrote:Hi, thought it was about time I properly introduced myself.

Name: Sophie
Age: 43
Residence: South Wales
Occupation: NHS
Kids: 2
Pets: Cat

I recently brought my 'toys' out of retirement to show the kids. Was really pleased at how good they still looked...especially when I compare them to the toys my kids play with today. :roll: I could never sell all of my collection but am looking to sell a few figures and then look at buying some pieces with an Empire Strikes Back focus as thats my favourite film.

Have really liked how people are willing to share advice/knowledge on here. :D


Welcome to the forum Sophie 8)
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
s1d0w
New User
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby s1d0w » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello all,
My first post, so I should introduce myself:
Name: Simon
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Residence: New Forest
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Looking forward to chat and advice from fellow forum members.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Mini99 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 pm

s1d0w wrote:Hello all,
My first post, so I should introduce myself:
Name: Simon
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Residence: New Forest
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Looking forward to chat and advice from fellow forum members.

Welcome Simon, you really couldn’t live in a better place for the best vintage show in the UK, and it’s a lovely place to live as well. :D
If you haven’t yet get yourself to “Farthest From” in Fordingbridge, can’t recommend it enough.
Enjoy your time here.

User avatar
s1d0w
New User
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby s1d0w » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Mini99 wrote:Welcome Simon, you really couldn’t live in a better place for the best vintage show in the UK, and it’s a lovely place to live as well. :D
If you haven’t yet get yourself to “Farthest From” in Fordingbridge, can’t recommend it enough.
Enjoy your time here.


Thank you. Visited Farthest From on Sunday and had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 pm

s1d0w wrote:Hello all,
My first post, so I should introduce myself:
Name: Simon
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Residence: New Forest
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Looking forward to chat and advice from fellow forum members.


Hi Simon and welcome to the forum mate, lots of nice people on here :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcroz, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests