End of 2017 Onto 2018

plantainman

Jedi Master
Pretty sure I can just recycle my 2017 goals as I failed miserably on all I think!

Though maybe that means they're unattainable? Setting myself up to fail again? Probably. Meh.

Anyway, If anyone wants to meet up and share a beer, trade me any of the variants I need, inspire me to do more work on my variants thread, and supply a 1984 Barada that I can send to Lars, Then you know where the PM button is :? :lol: :wink:

ODB

Jedi Master
I didn't set any goals for 2017 and didn't really add much to the collection, the prices and Facebook nearly drove me off completely. I don't feel the need to set goals as they often mean you make poor judgements merely to complete a goal. I just hope that some of the fun comes back to the hobby.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here is my My goals, hopes and dreams for 2017

1. To complete my uk marvel collection. I need Star Wars Weekly no. 14,19,63,141,143,144,145,147,148,149,152,153,154,155,156,157,159,
162,163,164,165,167,168,169,170,171 and ROTJ Weekly no. 110-146,148-155.

I got most of them I only miss 4 comics, maybe I get some of the them from santa :?

2. Vinyl Cape Jawa.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Kenner Death Star playset with box.

4. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box.

5. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus.

YES I got some :D

6. A POCH cardback.

7. A Toltoys cardback.

8. Barada with no coo 1984.

9. Backdrop for the Hero Set.

10. Radio Controlled R2D2 with box.

choffialoopa

Padawan
I have been pondering a while trying to sense the wipe of the Forum.

I think 2018 goal will be to get a complete a C5 collection of all figures and find 1 perfect condition 12 back MOMC, that is not a replica.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I would like go complete my last 17 MOC run, probably less the Yak, but you never know!
Add to my Bespin and Hith ESB run a on 41 back cards.
And to get to as many FF as possible.
Happy collect one and all. :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
2017 was very good, went a bit off piste as I became distracted by a Tri-Logo run, but here is what I aspired to/achieved:

- Hero three pack; any condition or even a part complete example. Well it has Han in so I may as well dream...
decided this is as likely as me personally giving birth...
- Yan Solo, meccano ROTJ MOC
got this as a resealed miscard (Luke Jedi on a Yan Solo MoC), more than happy with that as a result for the entire year!
- Clear down a the last few items that are duplicates to free up space and cash
dipped my toe into selling and spent most of it on Tri-Logo MoCs
- Boxed IG88 and Fett to complete the boxed 12" run
Fett done, IG-88 will be a roll over
- To finish a couple of unfinished projects; Stormtrooper armour needs constructing and the Tie Pilot helmet needs painting. I have a commission paint job to do first though... finished all three :D

2018 I think will be slow and steady as these will all be tough (and likely expensive) pick-ups...

- Work on the last 18 Tri-logo for the run; though I don't ever expect to get 5 of them...
- Han Solo ESB 32 back Kenner MoC
- Cast & Crew cap (from one of the last three films) and ANY Han Solo Cast & Crew item(s)
- Any Han Solo prop item; really want to get a Saabac chip or two
- IG-88 12" rolls over from 2017

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My goals, hopes and dreams for 2018 will be the same as in 2017.

1. To complete my uk marvel collection.
2. Vinyl Cape Jawa.
3. Kenner Death Star playset with box.
4. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box.
5. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus.
6. A POCH cardback.
7. A Toltoys cardback.
8. Barada with no coo 1984.
9. Backdrop for the Hero Set.
10. Radio Controlled R2D2 with box.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
I've had a 6 month break from collecting and it's been refreshing. I thought I had tired of the endless buying, but also realised I do like moderate focused collecting. It is nice to purchase some star wars and have something to look forward to, but also to enjoy other hobbies too.

I've got my first 79 done, so I'll be slowly steadily building on my Lando focus in 2017.

1. Purchase POTF2 Lando General (not quite vintage, or is it the new vintage being nearly 20 years old?)

2. A cost friendly vintage Lando General (no accessories, I plan to give him a home made vinyl cloak, I think he'll look cooler that way)

3. Black Series Lando Skiff (new in 2018)

That will complete my Lando non-variant action figure collection across all lines. It also feels about right how much I want to spend in 2018.

maxf

Jedi Master
in 2017 I gave up my goal of collecting the first 12 on meccano cards and sold what I had (10 of the 12), opting to focus on my Palitoy run.

I am collecting the SW, ESB and Jedi waves (so 67 figures). I have 18 to go (plus 3 which need upgrading). In 2018 I'd like to get this down to under 10 if I can.

I never got a vinyl jawa or blue snaggletooth to complete my loose run... it would be nice to get those too!

Hopefully we'll be moving house in 2018 and I can get a proper display sorted rather than the makeshift corner of my study I currently have, that may scupper my purchasing plans somewhat.

subzero

Sith Lord
My plan now for 2018 is to buy literally nothing after iv'e sourced about another 4 common figures that I need to complete my loose run, which isn't much really as it only totals to under £100, and I have all the MOC's I want now so won't be adding more at all unless I see an amazing deal I can't pass up.

So yeah my goal for 2018 is to not buy!.. wish me luck! :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
1. To start and finish the 12" figure line loose, tough ask but going to have a real stab at it.
Started, got around 4, but weren't really feeling it so moved them on again, will return to it one day
2. Start a loose Lili Ledy run, hope to have a handful by end of year.
Yep, grabbed a few, although don't have loose on display at moment so boxed away
3. Any Sigma I need, most importantly the Tape Dispenser. Have to be at the right price though.
Getting tougher the fewer pieces I need, did pick up the Tape Dispenser, totally stoked by that, Also got a sealed packet of place mats and the Stormtrooper Trinket box. Grabbed the Landspeeder soap dish too (think that was this year, sure it was around same time as tape dispenser but could be wrong)
4. Add a few MOCs for the collection, want to definitely add an ERG and Tusken Raider.
Yep added a few, got both ERG and Tusken, in fact Tusken was my MOC purchase of the year, as well as having Simons Trilogo Han Solo which I know he wants back - yeah right
5. Boxed Cloud City Playset
Sadly no, another on the backburner
6. Couple of display boxes
Yep
7. Couple of Greedo pieces for the focus
Greedo focus pushed to one side at moment althougn did add a couple of pieces
8. Continue picking up POTF2, nice cheap way to collect when things are tight. Be handy around July time.
Grabbed a few pieces, love them

Outside of physically collecting.

9. Post more on the forum, seem to just read these days rather than getting heavily involved.
No, have actually been worse, I blame having a newborn and having a massively busy end to the year but I will try again in new year
10. Make sure we keep smashing out the podcasts with the lads. Look forward to having some of you forum gents on over the next twelve months.
That we did, time consuming and draining at times, but majority of time massively rewarding, here's to the enxt 12 months

")2018
Less about what I'm adding this year, 2018 is all about the garage. Have said that last three years running but this year will be the year. Will be a 12 month project but this time next year I hope to be sitting enjoying the room with a few Christmas sherberts.
As for collection
1. Add a few more MOCs I want, need to definitely add a Princess Leia Organa and Hoth Rebel Solider this year for certain
2. Sigma - add any piece I can find that I'm missing, may make bookends the essential for the year
3. Pick up the final French Amora glass i'm missing
4. Some vintage bootleg Ceramics
5. Some more Wonderbread items
6. Couple of Don Post masks
7. Add some pieces to the Sy Snootles focus
8. Nice boxed Droid Factory

Away from collecting
9. Post on forum more, especially posting my Acquisitions
10. Keep smashing out the podcasts with the lads

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
This years goals were....
1 - chewbacca ROTJ MOC

2 - Ben kenobi ROTJ MOC

3 - Leia Organa ROTJ MOC - :lol: Anyone...

That will complete the first 12 and then on to the first 21 on ROTJ cards!

So I got over excited and have done the Chewie, Ben and the first 21 and have made a good start on ESB.

And scored this just after Christmas so as close as I'll get to leia on my budget!

E5A82DE4-73FC-434D-BC1D-48792C14C431.png

Also wanted to finally get to a Farthest from and actually meet up with a few of my fake Star Wars friends as my wife lovingly calls you!!

Will get fake drunk with you all again next year!

Want to complete the esb Moc run in 2018.

Hopefully will stay focused too and stop buying all sorts of **** and wonky eyed hammerheads!! :roll:

Gadders

Padawan
My 2017 targets were:
1) add 8-10 MOCs to my collection added 17 in total including a Klaatu / Klaatu skiff miscard
2) complete Ewoks cardback run Achieved
3) add to my instructions runonly need 2 now for "one of each"
4) get a MOC miscard Achieved

Quite happy with that.

My goals for this year are:
1) add 6 MOCs to the collection. Need 15 now for the 96 run but am getting down to the more expensive ones.
2) add at least 1 of the 2 instruction sheets I need for my run
3) complete my one of each 96 cardback run
4) add to my Hoth Rebel Soldier cardback focus

subzero

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
So, how did everyone do in 2018?

I sold everything! :lol: :lol:

Just kept half of my loose run as they're actually nostalgic pieces, and then focused on my small MOTU and Commodore 64 collection this year, so it's purely been a year of nostalgia and ridding myself of everything else.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My list for 2018 with comments / achievments:

I think will be slow and steady as these will all be tough (and likely expensive) pick-ups...

- Work on the last 18 Tri-logo for the run; though I don't ever expect to get 5 of them...
Down to four left; no real expectation to achieve that one, can't afford them and I don't actually care
Ask me in a couple of weeks... maybe... maybe...
- Cast & Crew cap (from one of the last three films) and ANY Han Solo Cast & Crew item(s)
Yes! Solo C&C cap success
Nope
Yes! managed to get this one finally at Echo Live!

Cracking year for collecting and ticking things off the list. One to roll over (Solo prop) and the Tri-Logo's can disappear to a happy place in the distance. Now to think about 2019.. C'mon Carl, start a new 2019 collecting goals thread!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
My list for 2018 with comments / achievments:

I think will be slow and steady as these will all be tough (and likely expensive) pick-ups...

Down to four left; no real expectation to achieve that one, can't afford them and I don't actually care
Ask me in a couple of weeks... maybe... maybe...
Yes! Solo C&C cap success
Nope
Yes! managed to get this one finally at Echo Live!

Cracking year for collecting and ticking things off the list. One to roll over (Solo prop) and the Tri-Logo's can disappear to a happy place in the distance. Now to think about 2019.. C'mon Carl, start a new 2019 collecting goals thread!

Oh, you already have! :lol: :lol: :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Post updates here: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38221

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom