Stay on Target - 2019 collecting hopes and dreams

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My list for 2018 with comments / achievements:

- Work on the last 18 Tri-logo for the run; though I don't ever expect to get 5 of them...
Down to four left; no real expectation to achieve that one, can't afford them and I don't actually care
- Han Solo ESB 32 back Kenner MoC
Ask me in a couple of weeks... maybe... maybe...
- Cast & Crew cap (from one of the last three films) and ANY Han Solo Cast & Crew item(s)
Yes! Solo C&C cap success
- Any Han Solo prop item; really want to get a Saabac chip or two
Nope
- IG-88 12" rolls over from 2017
Yes! managed to get this one finally at Echo Live!

2019 Hopes and Dreams:

- Prop item related to SOLO
- Finish the Sigma mug run (Yoda needed)
- Staying with ceramics; Roman Ceramics C-3PO Cookie Jar & the Rumph Vader tankard
- Dream a dream... and add one of the final four Tri Logo pieces
- I'd like a Skiff as its the only vehicle/play-set I've not got in the collection
- A Cast and Crew item from each of the Prequels (yes, really!)

Nothing cheap or really easy then! :roll: :cry:

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Well 2018 I got my spark for collecting vintage back! I had been side tracked by my collecting retro video games, but whilst perusing Japanse auction sites for vintage Nintendo Famicom games, I happened across a strange Takara Tomy metal R2D2 figure. Intrigue made be stick a bid on and then I spent the rest of the evening looking for other Japanese exclusive vintage Star Wars goodies.
R2 actually still hasn't arrived yet and I ordered it a couple of months back so really should look into that!

2019 I would like to finally finish my loose last 17 collection. Don't have too many left to get. It's just so bloody difficult when there are so many other awesome toylines and retro video game systems to collect for!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I've had a brilliant 2018, picked up some great pieces including U.K. store displays and related items, a set of SW, ESB and ROJ advance screening tickets, and completed a very long term goal which was to finish my Palitoy carded run with each figure on the correct movie cardback (with some reseals and cut bubbles in there).

For 2019 I'm hoping to acquire:

1. A couple more significant U.K. store display pieces;
2. The elusive Helix 10 fibre tip pens set;
3. The pieces I need to finish my Westbrook birthday cards, Frankel & Roth bags, and/or Deeko party ware runs;
4. An original trilogy prop or cast & crew item;
5. Some great memories from a trip to Finse for Visit Hoth; and
6. Some more great friendships within the hobby to add to those I'm lucky to have already.

I hope all of you have a great 2019 and may all your collecting dreams come true!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's been a challenging year and this has reflected in my collecting habits. I've missed a few events, though did manage to make it to Echo, which was great. I've had a couple of eBay deals go wrong and I've missed out on a few good deals. However I'm not deterred and am looking forward to getting back in to it in 2019. I wonder what will happen once the last film in the trilogy plays out? I'm mostly interested in getting a few more Jabba bits, Luke Jedi moc, Leia Boussh moc, maybe a boxed Jabba and Rancor too. Been thinking of starting collecting the Transfer sets also as I loved them when I was a kid. It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan. Let's hope 2019 is good to us!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I was having a **** year up until December and then I decided to do something I wasn't prepared to do previously, trade. Since then I have had a late surge and managed to increase my 45A set so now I am past the half way point to do this I had to give up 4 figures but I have managed to replace one already in a higher grade.

My Main Goal next year is to acquire a 30 Back Fett.

My Secondary Goals are to try to get as many 41/45A's I don't have and any non debut 30 Backs I can get my hands on.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
2018 was a slow year for me, picked up a few items..."Wally of the year" goes to me for purchasing a Luke Skywalker Poncho for £65 thinking I had a bargain - I should have know better....included a Repro poncho, the grey blaster instead of black & a Leia poncho belt. :oops: I can use the gun & belt & sell the figure off loose.

My collecting goal for 2019 is to get things that help me 'complete' my mint C8/9 loose collection.

Top 5...
1) Luke Skywalker Poncho
2) Warok
3) Imperial Dignitary (without nose rub)
4) Paploo Staff
5) General Madine staff

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
My goals for 2018 were to pick up a few ships and playsets, got quite a few and went beyond my expectations with an A-Wing fighter, Imperial Shuttle Death Star Space Station and a first 12 mailaway stand.

Also thought I'd finished my loose collection but got a Takara alternate sculpt C-3PO, dark blue early bird R2-D2 and a PBP red armour 4-LOM.

I'm going to include this in my 2019 goals as I've put a deposit on this and will be receiving it February 2019 :D

45752682224_9ca0824549_c.jpg

My goals for 2019 are to get more ships, mainly looking for,
B-Wing Fighter.
Blue Tie Fighter.
TIE Interceptor.
Open Bonnet Landspeeder.
A proper blue Max Rebo!

Also I really want to get started on building a cabinet for my loose collection.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Had a great collecting and star wars year this year.
Have all figures on card to the end of the ESB run and have moved on to ROTJ.
Also passed driving test so have been able to meet up with many of you for a beer at FF, Echo live and of course the first ever So'Westers meet up in Cirencester.
Plus I got to do an interview for TVR, hope it was ok!

This year the plan is (this will change!)

Compete the ROTJ issue figures with Anakin Offer sticker on
Complete my Diecast loose set (need Slave one and some upgrades!)
The dream find would be an Anakin Offer Shelf Talker!
Buy lots of other random Star Wars **** I don't need!

And of course meet up and drink beer with many of you!

maxf

Jedi Master
in 2017 I gave up my goal of collecting the first 12 on meccano cards and sold what I had (10 of the 12), opting to focus on my Palitoy run.
2018 continued this; added a good few pieces - MOCs, MISB and Diecast

I am collecting the SW, ESB and Jedi waves (so 67 figures). I have 18 to go (plus 3 which need upgrading). In 2018 I'd like to get this down to under 10 if I can.
8 to go now, so achieved my goal

I never got a vinyl jawa or blue snaggletooth to complete my loose run... it would be nice to get those too!
Still don't have either - just never got around to it, and they were low priority as my loose run has been boxed up since May.

Hopefully we'll be moving house in 2018 and I can get a proper display sorted rather than the makeshift corner of my study I currently have, that may scupper my purchasing plans somewhat.
We moved house in May, renovated it over the Summer and Autumn and just hosted a big Christmas for both sides of the family - massive personal (non SW) goal achieved. No collection room yet BUT the builders are booked for April to build me one.

For 2019:
I want to add more Palitoys to my Run - I have 2 or 3 genuinely rare cards to find, plus 5 or 6 which should come up with a bit of patience- so it would be nice to a few more ticked off.

I'd like to complete my study, which will have my collection in. I havent settled on the design yet, but it will be fairly minimal with MOCs on 1 wall, and a large glass display case. Got to get this done and the collection on display.

Finally, I'd like to move away from just collecting Palitoys and look at some other lines as well as non-toy items

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
maxf said:
in 2017 I gave up my goal of collecting the first 12 on meccano cards and sold what I had (10 of the 12), opting to focus on my Palitoy run.
2018 continued this; added a good few pieces - MOCs, MISB and Diecast

I am collecting the SW, ESB and Jedi waves (so 67 figures). I have 18 to go (plus 3 which need upgrading). In 2018 I'd like to get this down to under 10 if I can.
8 to go now, so achieved my goal

I never got a vinyl jawa or blue snaggletooth to complete my loose run... it would be nice to get those too!
Still don't have either - just never got around to it, and they were low priority as my loose run has been boxed up since May.

Hopefully we'll be moving house in 2018 and I can get a proper display sorted rather than the makeshift corner of my study I currently have, that may scupper my purchasing plans somewhat.
We moved house in May, renovated it over the Summer and Autumn and just hosted a big Christmas for both sides of the family - massive personal (non SW) goal achieved. No collection room yet BUT the builders are booked for April to build me one.

For 2019:
I want to add more Palitoys to my Run - I have 2 or 3 genuinely rare cards to find, plus 5 or 6 which should come up with a bit of patience- so it would be nice to a few more ticked off.

I'd like to complete my study, which will have my collection in. I havent settled on the design yet, but it will be fairly minimal with MOCs on 1 wall, and a large glass display case. Got to get this done and the collection on display.

Finally, I'd like to move away from just collecting Palitoys and look at some other lines as well as non-toy items

You've done amazing on all fronts this year, proud of you as I know you've been pretty stressed with the move and house. Glad it all come together for Christmas. Merry Christmas buddy and here's to a good collecting new year. :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Been really enjoying keeping tabs on this thread, too many are too focused. I know my list will be nothing like what I bought as every years the same.

Less about what I'm adding this year, 2018 is all about the garage. Have said that last three years running but this year will be the year. Will be a 12 month project but this time next year I hope to be sitting enjoying the room with a few Christmas sherberts.
HA, every year since I moved into this house this has been a target, the garage is no better off than this time last year except I've removed much modern and all incomplete loose ships are gone. This year will be the year though, I had a loft conversion and did all the decorating myself which is now all finished so I can put the house to bed, this year is all about garden and garage, so much so I am going to do a video beginning of each month with progress so hopefully will see a difference by this time next year.

As for collection
1. Add a few more MOCs I want, need to definitely add a Princess Leia Organa and Hoth Rebel Solider this year for certain
Added a few for sure, also sold a few, finally got myself a little focused and started a 12 back run and picking up a few Trilogos. Did get Leia on a 12 back but sadly no Hoth Rebel Soldier as yet.

2. Sigma - add any piece I can find that I'm missing, may make bookends the essential for the year
Only two pieces added, the childrens dinner set and right at the start of the year picked up the Stormtrooper trinket pot. Getting harder as get less needed

3. Pick up the final French Amora glass i'm missing
Finally achieved this last week. Put a post up searching for it on Beyond the Toys Facebook group and Mattheiu Barthelemey sent me it for just cost of postage, a true gent and a run complete :D

4. Some vintage bootleg Ceramics
Three pieces added including a Vader moneybox sent to me by Steve Savory for free so a good year on this

5. Some more Wonderbread items
Didn't have anything so have picked up the shelf talker and full set of the cards, would like to add a dangler and a bread packet to complete my wonderbread shelf

6. Couple of Don Post masks
Just one added, got a Yoda, few on my wishlist but yet to pull the trigger

7. Add some pieces to the Sy Snootles focus
Couple of small oddball items but that is it

8. Nice boxed Droid Factory
Not even been on my radar

Away from collecting
9. Post on forum more, especially posting my Acquisitions
Not as much as I wanted but have been posting more over December and adding my acquisitions, hopefully get back into the groove of doing this regularly in 2019

10. Keep smashing out the podcasts with the lads
Yep, been tough at times but we're still here slogging away, looking forward to getting going in 2019 again, so many great interviews coming up

Obviously the garage is my main focus
1. 12 backs - continue the run, just added my third, would like to be at 8 by the end of 2019
2. Imperial Dignitary focus - nothing massive, just one shelf in a detolf, a POTF MOC, a Trilogo MOC, nice loose figure and a loose coin
3. Continue loose run - having sold of my last loose set I'm enjoying piecing another one together, 20 in after around 6 weeks, not in any rish on this but be nice to see it grow in 2019.
4. Add 2 pieces of Sigma minimum, be nice to hunt down the Rebo Band music box.
5. German Mustard drinking glasses, having completed the French would like to get the set of 5 from germany next.
6. Get a Kenner Butch Cassidy MOC to go with my Sundance Kid one.
7. Chewbacca Rumph Mug
8. More Star Wars Vinyl
9. Cast or crew item from any Star Wars movie
10. Star Wars Palitoy Jawa reseal/open bubble - for a shelf I've been working on but don't think I'll drop the money on the sealed one.

And again, get posting regularly on the forum.
Research the Hobby more and educate myself.
Keep cracking the podcasts out.
And have a belting Celebration.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
This year will be the year though, I had a loft conversion and did all the decorating myself which is now all finished so I can put the house to bed, this year is all about garden and garage, so much so I am going to do a video beginning of each month with progress so hopefully will see a difference by this time next year.[/color]

Away from collecting
9. Post on forum more, especially posting my Acquisitions
Not as much as I wanted but have been posting more over December and adding my acquisitions, hopefully get back into the groove of doing this regularly in 2019

10. Keep smashing out the podcasts with the lads
Yep, been tough at times but we're still here slogging away, looking forward to getting going in 2019 again, so many great interviews coming up

Obviously the garage is my main focus

And again, get posting regularly on the forum.
Research the Hobby more and educate myself.
Keep cracking the podcasts out.
And have a belting Celebration.

Cant wait to see the garage, more podcasts and surely a video of your time in Celebration for us that are not going? :D

Thanks again for the modern - glad I contributed!

sith-smith

Grand Master
My usual goal is always to get what Palitoy MOC I can find to complete character run and add any miscards to my collection that I can.

Managed a few Palitoy in 2018, including one that completed a character run - Leia Bespin

No miscards this year sadly.

For 2019 it would be nice to complete a few more run and maybe add a miscard.

Also looking for a trilogo blonde Hair Luke Bespin and a micro tie fighter

Gadders

Padawan
My goals for 2018 were:
1) add 6 MOCs to the collection. Need 15 now for the 96 run but am getting down to the more expensive ones.Exceeded this and now only need Yak to complete the run
2) add at least 1 of the 2 instruction sheets I need for my run No progress
3) complete my one of each 96 cardback run Completed this one
4) add to my Hoth Rebel Soldier cardback focus Managed to add a few

I think compared to last year, 2019 will be very quiet for me as most of the items on my wants list are now hard to fnd and/or expensive. But its good to have something to aim for so:

I) Yak Face trilogo MOC
ii) Ewok Combat POTF set boxed
iii) ROTJ Carry Case
iv) POTF Imperial Sniper MOC or MIB
V) Battle Damagied TIE Fighter MIB
vi) More Rebel Soldier cardbacks for my focus

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My 2019 goals:

Keep on with first 21 reseal moc run, ended 2018 with a flourish, so keep on the road only 7 to go!

Add a multipack to the Baggie collection ..dream on!

Add ROTJ reseals to the joint collection with my Lad

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
My 2019 goals:

Keep on with first 21 reseal moc run, ended 2018 with a flourish, so keep on the road only 7 to go!

Add a multipack to the Baggie collection ..dream on!

Add ROTJ reseals to the joint collection with my Lad

Done ok

Only 3 to go on the 21 back run

Was very lucky with the help of Frank to get a 4pack mp that needed rescue work

Absolutely over the moon to have this in my collection

Attachments

• IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 701

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My goal for 2019 was

1. A few more moc, done :D
2. Vinyl Cape Jawa :(
3. Kenner Death Star playset with box :(
4. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box :(

5. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus, done :D
6. A POCH cardback :(
7. A Toltoys cardback :(
8. Barada with no coo 1984 :(
9. Backdrop for the Hero Set :(
10. Radio Controlled R2D2 with box :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom