What's your best ever Star Wars related Christmas present as an adult collector?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Don't think I've ever had any for christmas before, always have to buy my own :lol:

But I have something under the tree send by a very good friend (& forum member) which came gift wrapped so under the tree it went even though he said I could open it then, so this year I will be popping my cherry so to speak & I already know it's what I would call an epic item & a new logo I have been trying to add to the collection for a very long time,can't say more as it'snot the 25th :lol: :eek: - I know I know cryptic & you all hate me now :lol:
Intriguing. Please update on the 25th 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
I've had a couple of pieces, when I first started back collecting my mother in law had got me a Prune Face MOC, she'd seen what I was collecting and just found a a carded figure on eBay, it's on a ROTJ card and doesn't really fit with what I'm collecting at the moment but don't have the heart to sell that one. My wife has bought me several vintage items, she always does pretty well, bloke who works for me always buys something Star Wars, but normally modern tat, I've had everything from Death Star chopping boards to coconut door mats.

And of course the secret Santa is always under the tree, I've had some awesome items from diecast and toothbrushes to Ben cooper costumes (had two and last year Fett which was cool) but also had a Sigma mug which started me on my Sigma loving.

So been pretty fortunate with my vintage, don't think I've got any this year although pretty sure I've got Craig Stevens book as it's disappeared off my amazon wish list
That's great that somebody else's Christmas gift got you started on a major part of your collection. Do you need much to complete your Sigma run? Hope they used that recent publisher 30% discount for the Craig Stevens book.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Stuart Skinner said:
I've had a couple of pieces, when I first started back collecting my mother in law had got me a Prune Face MOC, she'd seen what I was collecting and just found a a carded figure on eBay, it's on a ROTJ card and doesn't really fit with what I'm collecting at the moment but don't have the heart to sell that one. My wife has bought me several vintage items, she always does pretty well, bloke who works for me always buys something Star Wars, but normally modern tat, I've had everything from Death Star chopping boards to coconut door mats.

And of course the secret Santa is always under the tree, I've had some awesome items from diecast and toothbrushes to Ben cooper costumes (had two and last year Fett which was cool) but also had a Sigma mug which started me on my Sigma loving.

So been pretty fortunate with my vintage, don't think I've got any this year although pretty sure I've got Craig Stevens book as it's disappeared off my amazon wish list
That's great that somebody else's Christmas gift got you started on a major part of your collection. Do you need much to complete your Sigma run? Hope they used that recent publisher 30% discount for the Craig Stevens book.

Still got several pieces to find, but majority are the harder to find pieces, slowly will find them though, hoping to add a piece or two at celebration.

Must do a show case for it

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Another Billy bookcase, 4 glass shelves and the 2 glass doors... sounds really dull, BUT it meant last year I had the opportunity to spread out a whole section of my collection which made me really look again at that run of stuff and enjoy it all over again.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Stuart Skinner said:

Still got several pieces to find, but majority are the harder to find pieces, slowly will find them though, hoping to add a piece or two at celebration.

Must do a show case for it
Just finished the Christmas Special Stu. Awesome as always. Heard you mention a couple of pieces on there to look out for. Good luck

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Another Billy bookcase, 4 glass shelves and the 2 glass doors... sounds really dull, BUT it meant last year I had the opportunity to spread out a whole section of my collection which made me really look again at that run of stuff and enjoy it all over again.
Sounds like the 12 days of Christmas :lol:

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
TheJabbaWookie said:
Scarifpacific said:
I've had a few bits in the past: A Falcon bottle opener, a First Order Stormtrooper tree ornament and a Scarif T-Shirt. That's as good as it gets. My wife pretty much refuses to get me anything SW related. :cry:
Me too :cry: though I'd probably be a real pain in the arse fussy bastard to buy for, so it's probably wise anyway :lol:
My misses is a legend....This year I popped into ACME toys in Erdington with her, to pick up a few bits for her to wrap up & put under the tree....just as we were leaving I spotted a complete Jabba set (loose) up for £75 in mint condition....Before I could ask him if there was any negotialtion on price, The misses had knocked him down to £50 an we off on our way, recon the owner fancied her....will take her out more often :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Clawrence said:
My misses is a legend....This year I popped into ACME toys in Erdington with her, to pick up a few bits for her to wrap up & put under the tree....just as we were leaving I spotted a complete Jabba set (loose) up for £75 in mint condition....Before I could ask him if there was any negotialtion on price, The misses had knocked him down to £50 an we off on our way, recon the owner fancied her....will take her out more often :lol:
A keeper :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom