Items you now regret selling?

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Not really regretted selling anything Star Wars, but I do really regret selling my Mattel Landram form the Galactica line.
I bought mine MIB complete in a mint box in the early days of ebay for practically nothing, $50 or so and it was rare back then.
I'd be looking at thousands now to replace it for one in simialr condition - if I could even find one.

I feel your pain on this one and that example is in amazing condition, especially as they never come up.

For me the only thing I sort of regret are my 2 AFA 85 VCJ's, it's not so much about the money but not that long after selling them I bought 2 UKG 85's so it was a bit pointless.

You live and learn though I guess.

Ian

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I really regret at least once a month selling my white 1967 beetle in 1993, ~(had loads if vdubs since none come close) and my vintage action man collection about the same time but for star wars I sold some mint in box Jedi stuff at st / slave one and figs to a dealer about this time too that I picked up cheap in a market shop in91 that I should have really kept for what I got for them. But i'd give it all to have my 67 bug back again, sat in an identical one a few years ago that was an experience :)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I used to regret selling my first collection in 2004 but I invested the money well so it was the right decision. I have been lucky with my new collection that I started in 2017 as I have replaced almost everything, I even managed to get two 30 Backs from my 2004 collection. The only regret I have currently is not being able to replace my 30 Back Boba Fett which I bought of Jim Stevenson. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to buy another 30 Back Fett then I will have no regrets except the fact I will have to pay 10 times what I sold it for, capital appreciation is a bitch!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
bosk70 said:
I really regret at least once a month selling my white 1967 beetle in 1993, ~(had loads if vdubs since none come close) and my vintage action man collection about the same time but for star wars I sold some mint in box Jedi stuff at st / slave one and figs to a dealer about this time too that I picked up cheap in a market shop in91 that I should have really kept for what I got for them. But i'd give it all to have my 67 bug back again, sat in an identical one a few years ago that was an experience :)

Any pics of the Beetle? Sounds cool. My biggest regret was selling my absolutely mint 1.8 16v Corrado. Was an absolute stunner and award winner, but had to use as a daily, so thought it was best to sell. Replaced with a VR6, which was great, but have always regretted selling that valver :(

maxf

Jedi Master
Loads of vintage I couldn't justify buying back at current market prices:

All sold between 2002-2010 at fair prices back then....

Hardcopy rebel soldier torso and head
Revenge of the Jedi Cloud Car Pilot Cromalin offerless
Droids 4 character cromalin sheet
Revenge of the Jedi radar laser canon box
loose DT Vader
12bk R2 proof card (I sold 11 of the 12, but R2 is the one Id still like to have)
31bk Luke Bespin (walking) proof card
Unreleased DSC POTF proof

Loads more sold but these were the ones I would love to still own. I'm a pretty reluctant seller these days haha

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
This 41 back palitoy fixed limbs C3P0 that I sold to Mr Max...although I know it's in a great collection now with its counterpart.

If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have sold. Still the proceeds went to a palitoy 12 back stormy so not all bad. :D

Attachments

• F9AA66FF-9E3B-4968-89C5-0C2A505B4654.jpeg
    F9AA66FF-9E3B-4968-89C5-0C2A505B4654.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 925

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
Loads of vintage I couldn't justify buying back at current market prices:

All sold between 2002-2010 at fair prices back then....

Hardcopy rebel soldier torso and head
Revenge of the Jedi Cloud Car Pilot Cromalin offerless
Droids 4 character cromalin sheet
Revenge of the Jedi radar laser canon box
loose DT Vader
12bk R2 proof card (I sold 11 of the 12, but R2 is the one Id still like to have)
31bk Luke Bespin (walking) proof card
Unreleased DSC POTF proof

Loads more sold but these were the ones I would love to still own. I'm a pretty reluctant seller these days haha

Holy Moly.... :eek: :shock:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
bosk70 said:

Any pics of the Beetle? Sounds cool. My biggest regret was selling my absolutely mint 1.8 16v Corrado. Was an absolute stunner and award winner, but had to use as a daily, so thought it was best to sell. Replaced with a VR6, which was great, but have always regretted selling that valver :(

Thanks Cazza on real photos back then i'll try to scan one at work and upload as long every one else don't mind us turning this into a vintage v dub thread may have to go off topic :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I regret selling my Woolworths exclusive Darth Vader.....but managed to pick one up from good old Ebay this weekend :D :D :D

Screenshot_2019-01-21-15-23-22.png

GLucas

Padawan
I find it hard selling some of my vintage stuff today, because I sold my small childhood collection somewhere in the late eighties. Although most of the figures and toys were discolored or broken they were gifts from my parents or bought by myself from pocket money.

Buying the vintage stuff again was an attempt to come clear with regrets, but it doesn't work that way.

jayums

Jedi Master
GLucas said:
I find it hard selling some of my vintage stuff today, because I sold my small childhood collection somewhere in the late eighties. Although most of the figures and toys were discolored or broken they were gifts from my parents or bought by myself from pocket money.

Buying the vintage stuff again was an attempt to come clear with regrets, but it doesn't work that way.

GLucas - After watching the last jedi, I was hoping you'd regret selling your soul to Disney :lol:

I couldn't agree more - I regret flogging my old beaters . Glad I kept a few.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
jayums said:
GLucas said:

GLucas - After watching the last jedi, I was hoping you'd regret selling your soul to Disney :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GLucas

Padawan
jayums said:
GLucas said:

:D :lol: 8) You still have some, that's a good thing. The only remembrance of my childhood collection is a photo, even makes it sadder. But hey: I have more of a collection than once before and more different figures, vehicles and play sets. That's a good thing :wink:

jayums

Jedi Master
I've got a photo too of me on crimbo day tearing my way through Jabba's box (so to speak!) :lol:

I never took care of anything, but I did play with it all, as it was intended for. It's all just stuff, happy memories far more important!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm becoming fond of no-articulation vintage Polish bootleg figures. I regret selling a Leia I had that was irrelevent garish blue for 12 quid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom