Craignwo4life AKA Craig McIntosh

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As most of you will have noticed from the "Congratulations" bar at the bottom of the page, today is Craig's birthday. I am "friends" with him on Facebook and realising I hadn't seen him on here in ages thought I would drop him a birthday message. When I clicked on his profile I was shocked.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001555528886&sk=wall#!/profile.php?id=588651228

It appears Craig passed away in early January 2011!

http://announce.jpress.co.uk/13457723?s_source=jpmi_bost

http://announce.jpress.co.uk/13457723?s_source=jpmi_bost

When he was last on he had said he had some bad news and was selling up. His last post, now reads very differently.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7325&p=107066&hilit=craignwo4life#p107066

"Thanks guys but unfortunately it is very serious although I should live long enough to post all the figures that I sell over the next 2 days!! "

I'm ashamed to say I thought he was being melodramatic! :oops:

As only a handful of us remain from 'the old days' I suspect only a few of you will remember Craig, but take it from me he was a stand up guy, a great collector and a top bloke!

I am genuinely floored by this news. I'd never met Craig in person, and would quite probably have walked by him in the street without even realising who he was, but we had some great laughs on here and I considered him as close to a 'friend' as it's possible to be over an IP connection.

Craig was only 35 when he died!

Rest In Peace my friend!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
There appears to be a tribute page to him on FB for any who want it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/#!/profile.php?id=100001555528886

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Very sad news indeed, he was a regular on here for several years and as you can see contributed a lot. A funny guy and a dedicated collector. It's a shame we've only just found out, and didn't have a chance to give him our regards in person.

spoons

Grand Master
I didn't know Craig well but he was the one that introduced me to the old SWF site after I bought his dt luke. A really friendly guy and a loss to the hobby

for those that didn't know him he was also one of the original variant collectors. A top man

sith-smith

Grand Master
Not sure what words I can use to express what I feel.

Craig was a regular here back in the early days when I joined and it was such a shock to discover this news this morning.

He was a good bloke, and a loss to his family, friends, this hobby and this forum. At such a young age it is such a tradegy.

Rest in peace mate

Joe

Grand Master
Oh this is really sad news :( I only really knew Craig from his variant collecting and being a member here but he seemed like one of the nice guys, so sad to suddenly hear about someone passing away especially so long after. Sure brings you down to earth :(

May he rest in peace and thanks weaz for the heads up and bumping his collection again, he really did have a great collection

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Such a sad thing to happen. :( Rest in peace Craig.

Edit: I don't have Facebook. Do we know what ailed him?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I didn't know Craig, but judging by the comments above he was a great bloke.

Rest in peace mate.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I remember Craig as being one of the regulars when I first found this site. He seemed like a really nice guy. Saddened to hear this news. RIP

e30318is

Sith Lord
I do remember Craig, when I first started I think he was still posting regularly. Fairly sure I bought some figures from him. His collection was incredible from memory.

Very sad to hear of his passing, my thoughts will be with his friends and family :(

Dom

Jedi Master
Really lost for words.

As others said, he was one of the original guys. He was a good bloke, like to have fun and loved his toys. I never met the guy, but its crap that hes gone. I hope he managed to do what he wanted in the time he had.

RIP dude, will miss seeing you around. Wolfpack for life!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Capetown said:
Such a sad thing to happen. :( Rest in peace Craig.

Edit: I don't have Facebook. Do we know what ailed him?

I have messaged someone who commented on his profile today to try and find out. I will let you guys know if/when I hear anything.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Dom said:
I hope he managed to do what he wanted in the time he had.

My thoughts exactly, based on his last posts I hope that he sold up, made a **** load of money, and really enjoyed the time he had left. There's more to life than toys.

Dom

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Dom said:
I hope he managed to do what he wanted in the time he had.

My thoughts exactly, based on his last posts I hope that he sold up, made a **** load of money, and really enjoyed the time he had left. There's more to life than toys.

Man his last post is insane, imagine shipping stuff off knowing thats it. Poor guy I just can`t get my head round it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom