Thanks for the best wishes

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
On another topic I mentioned that I have had two major operations in the past year.
I would just like to thank all of those who wished me well.
I had two tumours removed one from my lower spine last February and the other
from my lung last March. I have to have 6 monthly check ups which include a MRI scan and CT scan.
My next check up is in March and I have to go to the Royal Marsden hospital in London.
It was a bit of a shock when they discovered the tumour on my lower spine in November 2010 and to discover the second one in December 2010 was even a bigger shock.
I am ok at the moment and fingers crossed I hope it stays that way.
It has really changed the way I think about life and I am going to make sure I enjoy life.
The worst aspect about this was my wife was pregnant during this but now we have a beautiful boy and I feel lucky to have him.
Anyway thanks for all the best wishes and hope for a better 2012. :D

plantman

Sith Lord
Hope all goes well mate, it cant have been easy!

So how did you get to the point of the scans? were you experiencing back pain ect?

Congrats on the Baby too :)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Hey Mate, really hoping for you this will stay away for good! Please keep us up to date on this, okay?

That tumour on the lower spine, was it like in the film 50/50?

Dom

Jedi Master
All the best mate, like you said onwards and upwards. Congrats on the boy have you got him his first Star Wars toy yet?

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
**** me dude. You've really had some scares. Really, really hope you get the good news you deserve when you next have your scan. All the best

Josh

Sith Lord
Sounds awful, Darren. Hoping it's all cleared up for you now though.
All the best for the future with the family.

Joe

Grand Master
All the best Darren, a healthy 2012 to you and yours - congrats on the little boy!

Keep us posted mate!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Just want to echo what everyone else has said. Can't imagine how difficult it is to go through something like this. Let's hope things clear up for you soon and you can get on with your life.

Pete.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Fingers crossed that's the end of the bad luck now, good luck for the scan next month!
At least you have your little bundle of joy and all his dirty nappies to look after now. 8)

e30318is

Sith Lord
Only just spotted this thread, Im sorry to hear the bad run of luck you have had dude.

Best wishes for the future and congrats on your latest addition!

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
Thanks once again for all your kind messages.
Its has been a tough time and I must admit I am not looking forward to having the tests next
month.
I will keep you up to date with the results.

Jez

Sith Lord
Darren, what an ordeal you've all been through! Sincere best wishes and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and your family next month.
Congratulations on the birth of your little one.
All the best
Jez

Frunkstar

Grand Master
My thoughts are with you Darren, its not an easy thing to face & yes I speak from experience so have an idea of just how traumatic the last year must have been for you, I will be keeping everything crossed for a clear sweep of tests next month for you buddy.

& on the flip side, you must be over the moon - a son!, congratulations - now get him some SW toys & make another future collector for the ranks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom